Chapter 3

"Camilla? What happend?" It was quite clear that the picture I had of Camilla months ago. This one is holding a white cane. "Camilla?"

"Nothing happened." She said licking her lips.

"Can I come in and maybe help with all this stuff?"

"Sure." She says softly. It was almost like a whisper. Maybe she didn't wanted it to be heard. "If you want to, but under one condition: no questions."
It is pretty wise that she moves back into her old house. Since she already knows how it looks like. We walk into living area and I see that she isn't really using the stick, it is more like a guide. The furniture was already there. Everything is pretty much the same. The same television, the same dark green couch and the same desk. I take one of the boxes and I open it with my keys. It reveals different kind of clothes. Shirts, shorts, jackets, cardigans, ...

"Where should these clothes go?" I ask her.
"Upstairs. Downstairs has already been done." She says still standing by the door. "Coming?"
"Uhuh." I walk to her direction. Thank God the box is light.
She places the cane in the corners of the stairs as she proceeds to walk up.  Once we are upstairs she folds the cane together, placing it in her bag.
"You don't have to help me. I can indentify the clothes prefectly fine. I don't need pity." She takes the box from my hands and placed it on the ground. She opens to the box and starts feeling the clothing in the box.
"See, this is a jumper." She held up a sky blue jumper with a turtleneck. I don't need help."
"I'm just tryna help a old friend out here."
"Are you doing this because you're curious, or because you're really trying to help?"
"Just like I said, I'm trying to help." I am honest when I'm saying that. I'm not going to lie that I feel a little bit curious, but Camilla and I were very close before she went.
"How do I know if I can believe you?"
"Just wait and s- uhh..."
"It's OK. You can see, watch and look around me. It's not an insult. If you really want to help, fold the shirts and put them in the last drawer."
"If you say so." I take a yellow shirt and start to fold it.

***

"I guess that's it." I look at the closet. Everything is as it is supposed to be. T-shirts on the left, blouses and cardigans on the right, then in the second drawer the jeans and in the last drawer the dresses.
"I'm so tired." She says in a sotto voice.
"I'll leave you then." I get up and then the realisation hit me. I have no way to get in contact with her.
"Can I at least have your number?" I ask her. She lifts the cardigan she is wearing a little bit which showed the iPhone she is carrying in her pocket.
"Add it in here. Just use your first name." I move towards her as she opens the contact app. Some kind of screen reader tells her everything on the screen. I try to type my number, but it is impossible with which ever setting she turned on.
"Uhh... Camilla? How do I type on this?"
"Give it to me." She says and I hand her the phone. "You have to double tap a number or letter for it to type. What was your number again?" Now I'm in her contact list. I just hope she would sent me a text or a call so I can have her number as well. I am too afraid to ask because it may seem like I'm jumping on her. Something I absolutely want to avoid.