Chapter 4

I feel my heart pounding in my chest and my legs are starting to give up. I take a break to catch my breath. I wipe the sweat of my forehead with the back of my arm. I walk home as my breath became slower.

When I'm home I take a nice shower and then change into a simple hoodie. I hear my phone buzz from across the room. I hope Camilla finally reached out.

Leon: Band meeting at the park?
I: Sure
Leon: Great. That means everyone's coming.

I sigh. Why suddenly at the park? I get ready to leave at walk towards the park with my sore legs. I look around the trees, bushes and then I see the guys sitting on a bench. The only one missing is Leon. Such irony.
"Wasn't Leon the one who invited us here?" I ask no one in particular.
"Yes. And no. Have you forgotten about Leon's birthday?" Federico replies me.
"What? Of course I remember!" I stratch the back of my head. I realise I forgot my cap today.
"He totally forgot." The king of idiots Andres said.
"No shit, Sherlock." Broduey replies folding his arms together.
"I don't see shit but I like the name Sherlock." Broduey slaps his hand against his head in irritation.

"We don't have enough money to bring him to Mexico but what if we brought Mexico here..."
"So like basically we be bring Mexican food here and decorate it with Mexican things."
Everyone is basically looking at Andres now.
"What? I'm not stupid." He finally says.
"Why do you act like it?" I ask before I realise what I'm actually saying. "S-"
"Because all of you are way too serious. Someone has got to make it a little bit funny."
"That kinda makes sense." Federico adds to which we all nod in response.
"So how are we going to do this?" I ask.
"Let's meet in two days again and everyone will tell if they're going to make food and which food or if they're decorating."
"No offence but you could've just texted us this." Broduey said.
"Well. You needed to see my beautiful face somehow."
"Keep dreaming." I tell him, patting on his back.
"I don't have to dream if my dream is real. I just have to live it."
"What makes you think your dream is real?" Andres laughs. Frederico now covers his hands in front of his face and starts making sobbing noises.
"You know we didn't mean it like that." Broduey comforts him. When the sobbing noises turn into laughter I know that he was faking. Andres nods at me as I see the bottle of water in his hands. I nod back.
"Federico, want some real tears?" I ask him.
"What do you mean?" He is oblivious to what is about to happen. His confusion turns into anger as Andres pours water all over him.

"I hate you." He whispers through gritted teeth.
"And yet, there is nothing you can do to get back at us." Andres sticks his tongue out.
"I'll find a way. Trust me. Not now, but you will see."

***
On my way home I decide to stop by Camilla. I walk towards her house, knocking her door like we did two years ago. A lot can change in one year. Even more in two years. She opens the door after a couple of minutes.
"Maxi?" She asks.
"It's me."
"Now it's not the right time. I'm really tired."
I didn't even notice the absence of her cane until now. I know I should leave since she's tired, but something tells me not to.
"I don't need it on the first floor of my house. I've lived her long enough." She says with a flat voice.
"Are you sure I should go?"
"Yes. Positive."
"OK, then." I walk away slowly, hoping that she would tell me to come inside anyway. But she didn't.