Freya

I am too happy,

Too scared to be happy,

Because right after the light,

Comes the darkness of night.

FREYA

As I expected, as soon as I stepped out of the car with Alexander, all the eyes were on us especially the girls. That made me feel uncomfortable and since Alexander knew that his hands caught mine and gave a light supportive squeeze. I gave him a weak smile not feeling the support seep in.

"Girls might kill me for getting the most handsome guy to go out with me." I tried to ignore the stares around me.

Alexander's raised his eyebrow amused, "I'll accept the compliment but you know that before anyone could touch you they have to go through me."

"You are spoiling me, you know I should fight my own battles." I said to hide the immense gratitude at what he said.

"I'll protect you as long as I am here, no need to be brave with me around." He said with a serious tone I couldn't decipher.

So I just nodded obediently.

The rest of the day was usual with the bonus of Alexander next me ..well he had always been there but as my ... boyfriend didn't quite fit in well but whatever till I bring myself to say my life.

Alexander was an excellent student, attentive and appealing. I had to smile at him for answering all the questions and yet all his attention was on me. And as much as I hated being centre of attention, something about the way he looked at me made me feel warm and somewhat beautiful. I flash back to the day in cafeteria when I thought he couldn't be staring at me but now I know he was and that look made my head go staccato.

Lunch was special. Alexander didn't allow me to sit with my friends and my friends being the traitors grinned and forced me to leave. By the time I left I was filled with jealousy at every girl swooning at Alexander, I decided to ignore that.

We were having lunch at the spot where we earlier went to discuss the truth about Alexander, it felt like it was our spot.

"Lila is pretty, isn't she?" Alexander commented his eyes still on me.

Lila was my co-editor of school newspaper; she was damn pretty, so naturally I glared at Alexander.

I slipped up but I tried to resume my calm and muttered, "Yeah, she is."

Alexander laughed heartily and I scowled at him.

"You are adorable when you are jealous." He commented and an impulsive smile formed on my face.

He was teasing me...he could feel what I feel so he knew about the green monster on my back.

"And you said you didn't notice any girl besides me." I counter attacked.

"An angel never lies." He solemnly answered.

It was just a truth but it elated me way too much.

"I am scared just one day I will wake up and you will not be there. I am kind of girl that believes that being too happy about something jinxes it and I am just too happy around you." I finally confided in him.

His arms reached out and hugged me.

"You do know I can never love anyone else now, angels are connected to one forever. So yeah there might be a chance you get bored of me and dump but I have no one but you. You are the only one I love and will ever love." He said in soft loving tone that filled my heart with love.