My only friend in the world

I woke up with a pounding headache and immediately felt nauseous, making me hold my stomach in agony.

"You made quite a ruckus last night. Lucky I brought yah to meh home." Said a teenage masculine voice beside me.

I looked to my side to see Ninten, crossing his arms on the other side of the bed, not looking too thrilled with me, looking quite annoyed if I do say so myself.

I plopped back onto the bed with a groan, only to let out a large, loud belch, "Oh god. What the frick occurred last night? All I remember was drinking and every other detail is a blur."

Ninten let out a crackling snicker just before speaking again, "You're gonna have to be more specific on that one. Let's see, you stumbled around and challenged everyone to fight you, which Ness did, and he still lost. Then you tried to swim on Ness' blue carpet. Then you impersonated the masked man, Lucas was the only one to fall for it though."

I shuttered from that last part and felt my back and eye to ensure my wings were hidden and my eyepatch was covering my eye. I let out a small sigh of relief when they were still there.

Ninten was still rambling on about the stupid things I did, I was only half listening to make sure my identity is safe, and I still had a girlfriend.

"Then finally you ate Ness' goldfish because his face annoyed you." Ninten ended with.

"Wait, I ate a what?"

"Goldfish. Not the snack. A live, swimming goldfish." Ninten explained.

"Well then why do you appear angry?" I asked motioning to his crossed arms.

"Hm?" He looked at his arms and back at me, "No I just do that, but you were really embarrassing."

"You didn't have to stay by me."

"I didn't. I was just the one to take you home when you finally passed out." Ninten sighed.

"Well, thank you then. You took very well care of me. I appreciate it." I thanked him with a small bow.

"No prob' Claus. 'Don't need the formalities, that's what friends do."

"Fr-friends?" I stuttered in shock. I honestly haven't had much friends since the-- accident, "But you hardly know me!"

"Well by the small time I've spent with ya, you seem like a cool kid. So far I enjoy your company." Ninten gave a half smile with his arms still tucked into each other.

I couldn't believe it, I gotta girlfriend, and a friend! Just in one day! I should keep hiding my powers and mechanics, they might get scared off and think I'm a freak.

"So other then that, what happened?" I eventually asked.

"Well nothing really."

"Oh." I answered a bit relieved.

It then got silent, none of us really knowing what to say. Luckily, Ninten's phone rang.

"Yo.... Mhm.... Yep.... Sweet! I'm down.... 'ight see ya."

"What was that?" I asked running a hand through my hair.