Elaina walked over and listened to see if anyone was close to her door. She turned towards Anael who was sitting on the bed in silence, surprisingly. 

“What did I say?”

“You were going to train and that’s a good thing.” Anael observed her nails as she spoke.

“I meant last night.”

Anael looked at her and gave a smile. “Don’t worry about that too much. Right now, focus on becoming stronger before The Fallens plan.”

Elaina felt a shudder spread through her body. Anael was right. Something so small shouldn’t be the focus of her attention.

Elaina nodded. “Fine. Help me pick out my clothes please? I can’t think straight.”

Anael giggled and flew over to the closet. “With pleasure, love.”

As soon as she was finished, she headed out of her room. The clothes she wore was flexible enough for her training. She just hope they wouldn’t decide to rip or anything remotely embarrassing. She passed the empty kitchen and was heading out until she felt a firm hand wrap around her wrist. She turned to see Grace smiling.

“Morning, dear. I heard where you were going today so I made you and Alaric this.” She handed her a basket that had weight to it. 

“Thank you, Grace. You didn’t have to.” Elaina peaked inside the basket to find water, sandwich and fruits nestled within a blanket. 

“No worries.” Grace smiled and fixed Elaina’s tied-up hair. “Just make sure you two are back before it gets dark.”

Elaina smiled and nodded. Grace was like a mother she never had. With the basket in hand, she exited the house and spotted Alaric kicking against the grass. She wanted to giggle. He wasn’t used to waiting. His impatience was showing on his face.

Alaric narrowed his eyes slightly before shaking his head in amusement. “Did Grace give you that?”

Elaina nodded. “It was sweet of her.”

Alaric smirked and took the basket from her as they headed over towards the woods. “Did you have a specific location in mind?”

Elaina searched the woods and then nodded. “Yeah. Where I fell.”

Alaric nodded and headed into the woods. 

Training there will help motivate her. She wanted to know that there was still hope and that she will work hard to get back to where she belongs. Yet she couldn’t help a thought whispering in the back of her head. 

And Alaric?

Elaina looked at him as he hopped over tree trumps and walked so gracefully in a jagged forest. She couldn’t help but admit that he always helped her and protected her this whole time. He was someone warm to be around and under his hard shell he was a loving and fiercely protective over his loved ones. She wanted to be one of those loved ones. This was the first time she has ever felt something like this towards one individual. 

Towards Alaric. 

However she knew that she couldn’t be with him. They were worlds apart. She must treat this place like a dream and him a fantasy. Fantasies don’t come true. Even though she knew all this; she felt her feelings becoming stronger to the point that she almost doesn’t want to go back. She wanted to stay in this dream forever.

Elaina swallowed and looked at her feet. Maybe she should’ve kept the headache if it meant not feeling all these conflicts.

“Hey. You okay?” Alaric stopped and turned to look at her.