Chapter III

Chapter 3

     “Werewolves?” Elaina couldn’t help but question. Was this intentional of the angels? Did they want her to be with werewolves? If they did, she couldn’t understand why. When she was on Earth, she was never near werewolves; she was always close to the cities where people needed the most guidance. In a werewolf’s territory? She doesn’t know much about werewolves, but she’s heard from other angels that werewolves emitted blue around their souls. Unlike humans who emit the usual white glow.

     Elaina knew that she wouldn’t be able to detect them now, seeing that she doesn’t have powers. Just the thought of being in a werewolf’s territory oddly intrigued her. She remembered telling HIM that she wanted to be assigned to a place where she can observe people that are uncommon from the big cities. Well it seems she got what she asked for.

     Alaric still looked at her. His gaze intense and powerful. She felt interrogated and vulnerable, but she had nothing to hide. She knew as much as he did about her being thrown here.

     More silence hung in the air. Elaina didn’t know what to say to him, she didn’t really mind that she was in a werewolf’s territory. She was only slightly afraid because she didn't have her angel abilities to protect herself if she needed to. Do werewolves really eat humans? How many were there that lived here? Elaina was so curious about the life a werewolf. How different, or the same, are the werewolves and humans?

     Curiosity ate at her, “Um... How do werewolves survive? Do they eat people or animals?” She bit her tongue from asking anymore. She felt like a child now.

Elaina saw him raise his eyebrows at her curiosity. “Both,” he answered.

     Elaina felt more questions bubbling up inside of her. “Are you only able to change to a wolf when it’s the full moon? Does it hurt when you change from human to wolf?”

“You ask too many questions,” Alaric sighed, rubbing his temples.

“I’m just curious,” Elaina whispered.

Alaric just looked at her, his face blank. “How about you tell me about your kind.”

     Elaina shrugged, “Angels roam around the land and guide the living. We sometimes protect them from demons and steer them to the right path. Before dawn, we go back to HIM and wait until the next day. That’s what our kind does.”

     “Who’s HIM? Your God?”

“Yes. We were created for the sole purpose of guiding the humans to HIM.”

     A couple minutes of silence passed as Alaric pondered over the information he received. She doesn’t know why she just spewed her whole existence to a mere stranger. She guessed it wouldn’t matter. If HE took her back, then she would simply just erase the memory of them meeting. Plus if he told everyone, she could equally tell everyone of werewolves existance. It would cause too much trouble for both of them.

“Is that why you came here?” Alaric asked, “To make my pack go towards your God?”

     “No. Like I said I don’t know why I’m here. I’m a fallen angel. That means they’ve abandoned me.” She felt a little sting in her soul. But you don’t know if they completely abandoned you; this might be just a lesson you need to learn, she comforted herself; trying to hold back any tears threatening to escape.

     “They didn’t tell you why you were abandoned?”

     Elaina looked at him; his face showed no emotion. Are werewolves normally this unemotional or was it just this mans personality?