Ch.8 Live Today as if it is Your Last

Lucas POV

When I arrived at the valley Christopher and his army was already there waiting for us. When I saw Eva I growled as the bastard was carrying her like a piece of trash.

"Come now brother, she's alive just asleep from have sex with me." All I saw was red as I know better then to think that Eva would really allow him to touch her like that.

"You failed in making her yours and now you're lying in order to make me lose focus. What kind of fool do you take me for." He smiled and signed for them to fight, but what surprised me was that they all turned on him and I knew they weren't pretending by the look in their eyes.

"Andrew, Rebecca, what is the meaning of this?!"

"We were never on your side." said the man that my guess is Andrew.

"Fine then, if you value her life then I suggest you do as I say." When he pulled out a knife I ran, seeing nothing, but red.

"Stop brother or I'll kill her." Damn it. I jump back as I was inches away from him. He already had the knife set on her skin where her heart was. I saw move and opening her eyes. She looked around saw me then looked at Christopher, understanding what was going on.

"She's awake Lucas! Now she can watch you fail at being her mate! Now you well know what it feels like to be broken!" When I understood what he was doing let too, as he stabbed her it felt like everything was going in slow motion. Andrew ripping Christopher's heart and Eva's body falling to the ground, it was to unreal. I started walking to her and it slowly turned to ran.

"EVA! EVA!" I cried as held her in my arms. "Eva please, don't leave me. I can't lose you too! PLEASE, OPEN YOUR EYES! EVA! YOU HAVE TO LIVE! LIVE! Please. Eva. You have to live." I watched as she took her last breath and held her tighter as I cried feeling dead inside.

"She's not dead." Looked up to see Andrew standing over me. He pulled the knife out and I saw then wound heal up. Looked back at him wanting an answer. "Did you really think that someone with all four royal blood to die that easily?"

"No, I guess not." Looked back down and she looked as if she was asleep.

"She will be out of it for awhile, cause knowing Christopher he probably put something on the knife to kill her, but it obviously didn't work since the wound healed." I nodded and start going to the hospital. Then a thought came to me.

"Where will all of you go." He looked back at me and smile.

"Back to the only place we can truly call home. Take good care of her, I just met her and I already think of her as my little sister." I nodded and we walk started to walk are separate paths.

------------------------------------

Eva POV

When I opened my eyes I noticed that I was in a hospital room from the feel of the bed and from the noises that the machine made. I felt something on my chest and saw Lucas laying his head on my chest. I smiled as he looked like a child. I petted his head and he buried his head more into my chest.

"Wake up sleepy head." He looked up at me and he looked adorable with sleep filled eyes and his hair all messy.

"5 more hours." Then he put his head back on my chest fell asleep. I chuckled and kissed his head when his mom walked in.

"At least one of you are awake." She smiled and shook her head at Lucas. "Let me guess, you woke him and he said 5 more hours then went back to sleep."

"Yep that's exactly how it went." We both laughed at how childish he is. "How long was I out."

"About a year now." I was shocked. It feels like I was asleep only for a day. "The doctors found that Christopher put all four royals weaknesses on that knife. We lost you a couple of times, but you somehow survived. Lucas would never leave your side. He would always be sitting there holding your head to his lips and hoping for you to open his eyes. This is first that I've seen him sleep since that day. He would always take a cold shower or splash cold water on his face to keep himself awake. I guess it finally caught up to him."

"A year. I made him go though that for a year." I held him closer to me as tears fell from my eyes.

"Don't cry, he would do it again and again if it meant he could stay with you. When you start to walk around again I bet you 500 dollars that he'll follow you around like a lost puppy." I chuckled just at the thought of it.

"I bet 600 that he'll wish I was still at the hospital in bed because it was easier to keep an eye on me."

"And I bet 2,000 that it's both." Alexander said as he interned in the room.

"Hey Alex." He frowned

"I thought I told you to call me dad." I laughed

"Hey papa!" He and Elizabeth both smiled and it felt right to call him that.

"Can you guys be quiet, I'm trying to sleep." Lucas said as he snuggled closer to me.

"Wake up son, she's a wake." Alex said as he patted Lucas's back.

"I know... wait what?!" He looked up at me again fully awake and kissed me full force. I kissed back as best as I could, but I still felt a weak.

"That's enough Lucas, let her breath." I could tell Elizabeth was smiling. We were both panting when he pulled away.

"I love you, so don't ever try to leave again, okay?" I smiled at him.

"Who ever said I wanted to in the first place. You haven't even marked me yet." He blushed as his parents laughed in the background. "I love you too." He smiled and pecked my lips.

"I finally get to hear you say that again." I didn't think I could ever fell in love with him, but this man has proven me wrong.

------

The doctor came in soon after and made sure that I was at full health. Besides being a little weak I'm healthy as a horse. I was released from the hospital and as soon I got to Lucas's room to sleep more he tackled me to the bed and mated and marked me. When I woke up Papa was lecturing him about how I was still recovering and he should have waited for me to fully recover before mating and marking me.

Later that week I found out that I was pregnant and they all overjoyed about, but I think Lucas was the most excited about it. He was then lectured again by both Papa and Mama about how he should have used protection because I'm still recovering. I told them I was I fully recovered I just need to sleep a little more. They still lectured him about the birds and the bees tho.

As months went by Lucas grow more and more overprotective of me and the baby. Then finally I gave birth a baby boy that like a mini Lucas, so I wanted to name him Lucas jr., but he didn't let me. We named him Andrew as he pretty much saved my life. I never Andrew again since then. I know his alright, but I've grown attached to him in the little time I knew him.

17 years have passed since then and we have 5 children, all a year apart. We have 3 sons and 2 daughters. 2 out of the 5 have found their mates. Out of all my children only one was exactly like me. I named her Eve as it means life just like mine. To this day I never forgot the meaning of , live today as if it was your last.