Seconds.

N/A
1....Lycan's Heartbeats
2...Briar can't feel his legs.
The seconds add up as they run through the woods hoping to see some light up ahead, they run hand in hand. "Keep up baby!" Lycan says breathlessly. Briar whined. Briar was hurt, Lycan didn't know,he had a stab wound and he's bleeding. "Lycan. Go. Go without me."He said. Lycan thinks he's crazy and doesn't even turn or stop.
"Come on. Hurry. We don't have time." Briar dropped to his knees and Lycan turns around. He ran to his fallen husband. He quickly helped him up and carried him. "No, You have to leave me.." Briar mumbled. Lycan didn't respond,he just kept walking towards what he thought was the city. He wouldn't leave him and he knew that.
Briar still had some strength to pull his phone from his pocket. He went to his playlist and played Lycan's favorite song, If he was going to die. He was going to die in his arms.

Stay for tonight
If you want to
I can show you
What my dreams are made of
As I'm dreaming of your face
I've been away for a long time
Such a long time
And I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here
How the hell did you ever pick me?

The song played on as Lucan pulled Briar towards the empty street that led to town. The lights of the small town illuminated after all this, Lucan could still see the beauty in things while he almost dragged his tired and overheated husband with him toward the town where they had spent their lives together.