Boys

Lycan
I held the cash that Alex had given me yesterday. 500$ at the bonfire to stop being around Briar so he could date him again. I know that seemed shitty of me. But. Maybe it was better if they got back together. I saw Briar's car and I turned the other way to avoid him. "Hey." A voice came from behind me. I jumped and turned around. Speak of the devil, it was him. "Uh hey." I replied looking to see if Alex was around. He walked next to me as we entered the building. "You didn't come to the bonfire last night?" He asked looking at me. He's never looked at me so much in his life. What's his deal? "Yeah, I went. Left early though. I got sick" I lied. Briar's face expression changed. "Oh. I went with Alex. He said you and him hung yesterday. But anyways, we hanging out tonight?" I wanted to lie and say I had plans but I didn't. "Sure." And with that I hurried to the lockers leaving him standing there.

-----
12:15p.m.
I drew circles in my sketchbook. I hadn't seen Briar sent I left him by the lockers. Rumors were buzzing that he and Alex were officially together again. Good for them. I thought to myself. I started to think of her. Isabelle. My only real relationship.

"Lycan? Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" Isabelle is holding me and we are cuddling in her bed.
I shake my head.
She smiles.
"Well, your beautiful kid. I've seen a share of beautiful boys in my long life." She whispers...
"Thank you,"I mumble softly, it's too faint for her to hear.

I opened my eyes. Everyone stared at me. Probably because I started screaming again. I run to the bathroom leaving everything I had with me. Tears streamed down my face and I can barely breath but I'm still trying to. People had to think I was freak now, if they didn't already. My tears turned into heavy sobs.

"Lycan? You in here?" Briar said. I know his voice anywhere. I don't move and I don't say anything. Here he is coming to my rescue again. He opened the stall to see me crying like a piece of shit on the toilet.  I sighed to myself knowing I should have locked the damn thing. He looked at me with a concerned look, that makes me want to die. I fiddled with my lip ring while I stared at the floor. "What happened at lunch? Alex said---" I got pissed immediately. "Alex?" I pushed him away from me. "Who gives a fuck what he said. He paid me 500$ to stay away from you and that's what I did. Clearly, it didn't take that long for you two to start dating again." He stared at me dumbfounded as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

The silence ate at my heart but it told me all I needed to hear. " Lycan." He started to speak in that voice that was just automatically going to make everything better like always, I bet that's what he thought. Well, not this time.

"Don't you even care about me?!" I yelled at him. Who am I kidding? He never cares about anything other than himself.
He stood in front of me like he wanted to say something but the words weren't forming.
"He's not that bad. If you just get to know him. I was going to tell you that we hooked up after the bonfire, I swear." At that moment my heart felt like it had shattered in my chest. The sound glass ringing in my ears. 
"Go to hell, the both of you." I answered and pushed him aside.

-----
8p.m.
I didn't go home. Of course, I should have...but Marci wouldn't care if I stayed out a little longer than normal. My phone vibrated. Another call from him, I clicked the end button with a sigh.

"So I guess since you won't answer my calls. I had to find you." A voice said from behind me. It was Briar.. of course. I rolled my eyes at his smart comment.
"What the hell do you want?" I ask looking at him.
He smirked and it made me swoon every single damn time. I was supposed to be mad at him. But I couldn't. "For you to tell me why you've been acting so weird." He said plainly. He leaned against the tree I sat under and stared at me.
I didn't know if I should be honest and tell him everything or if I should just say nothing.

"I broke it off with Alex. I didn't know he paid you to stay away from me. I thought he'd changed. I guess he didn't."

What the hell was he up to?