Secret Place.

Matty

I stare at her from my mat, I think I like her and I'm only four years old, most kids my age don't know what they like, but I like her just like I like spaceships. Daddy says I'm too young to understand but I know she likes me too, she always hold my hand, I see daddy and uncle Briar do that a lot and I know he really likes daddy.  I laid back down as she turned over looking at me, I don't think she could sleep either, I waved at her and she waved back smiling. Her name was Suzie. I liked her name..Since her  daddy knew my daddy we had lots of play dates out of school, it was great, some times we'd even hug each other. "Suz. Over here." I whispered waving at her. She looked up and smiled. "Yes Matt." She answered softly. Suzie was five only a year older than me, after all this was kindergarten.  A sense of happiness hits me but quickly leaves me as I feel my small body get numb, this had been happening since I was old enough to walk. Daddy tell me its a disease my mommy had, a rare one in her family that had been passed on to me. Something called Telis, I think. The doctor told me its when your body freezes up with out warning causing you to have a hard time moving unless you take special medication. Suzie noticed and sneaks to my bag grabbing my meds, I try to thank her but my whole body is
numb and cold, she pokes the syringe in my arm and slowly the pain dies down. "T-thank you." I whispered lightly as I get the feeling back in my body. She hugged me, "Let's sneak out. I wanna show you something." I nodded and quickly grabbed our bags while the teacher went to the bathroom, we ran out the door that went towards the play ground, I helped her over the fence then hauled myself, she took off running towards the woods. I followed her as we stopped at a lake, tall trees cover the area blocking the sun's rays so it was kind of dark. I looked her. "this place looks awesome." She smiled and pulled me to the edge of the trees where true lake was, I hugged her from behind and she giggled, "Best Friends Forever right?"Suzie asked softly. A hint of scaredness was in her voice, did she think I was gonna die? Was I gonna die? She pulled away from me and sat down,I sat next to her looking out at the lake. "Your gonna die ain't you? I heard my dad talking to your dad. Your dad said your gonna need treatment soon if you shocks keep happening." I sighed and kissing her cheek, she wrinkled her nose, "Ew Don't do that till we're older. I don't want your cooties now." I laughed and hugged her side. "I'm not gonna die. I'll be here always. We're best friends." I said smiling. "I like you Suzie Tuneski." She leaned against me. "I like you too Matty Smith." I sighed letting her sink into me,I felt this moment could last forever.
I looked down to see that she was asleep, I soon fell asleep with her.
"Suzanne!" A voice yelled waking us up. We jumped noticing it was her mother. My dad and her dad stood in front of us, a soft look on there faces. "Dad...uh...I'm sorry. We were just getting away. I had a..." I said quickly. He hushed me. "I know son  its okay. Your teacher told us everything." Uncle Alex and Dad picked us up off the ground. "I understand you two like each other." Alex said smiling. I nodded while Suzie just giggled. They hugged us, "I'm so glad your ok." They said in unison. "Hey little buddy." I turned to see Dad's boyfriend Briar standing there, I ran and hugged him. He chuckled. We talked while Uncle Alex argued with Suzie's mom. "You call this taking care of her Alexander!" She yelled. I frowned as Suzie cried.
"She's my daughter! Since when did you give a damn. She's clearly happy with Lycan's Son! She's happy with me!" Uncle Alex yelled back as I held Suzie's hand. "I don't mean to be rude. But my son cares for your daughter." Dad said smiling. I hugged her.

"No! I'm taking her back. Say goodbye to your father Suzanne."

With that she dragged her away from us, my dad holding Alex back and Briar holding me back, I struggled to break free but couldn't, my heart beat increased and I dropped to the ground feeling numb all over, I opened my eyes to see Suzie jump out the car running over to me with the syringe poking me in the arm,I gasped for air and sat up. "Best Friends Forever." She said hugging me. She took off her sparkling S necklace and put it around my neck. I took off my chain that had my mother's engagement ring on it and put it on her neck. She looked at me. "I can't take this. It was your mom's." I smiled. "I want you to have it. You look cool with it." She smiled and hugged me one last time before running off. "I'll never forget you Matty. I'll write to you and I'll send you postcards!" She yelled as these drove away. I stood up and watched them go.

I sighed... Well there goes my life.

-----------
Well what do you think?
I thought I'd capture Matty's View of the world!