Rule with me | Loki imagine

A/N: The first part takes place in the beginning of the first Thor movie the second part takes place in the beginning of the second one

"No."

Loki's eyes widened and his jaw clenched as he stared at your stubborn form. This was the first time you had ever said no to him, well other than the time he sniffed around your skirts, and if it wasn't for the seriousness of his request your probably would've felt quite proud of yourself.

"Why not?" Loki cried incredulously, with his voice having gone higher and the disbelief on his face you had to admit that he ddn't seem anything like the killer he wanted to become.

"Because it is wrong to kill your father," you replied tersely and with your arms folded and hips cocked you silently dared him to question you again. Luckily for you he went past to pacing his room with his hands clasped behind his back.

"I won't be killing Odin. I'll tell Laufey that I want him dead and arrange it so he may get into Odin's chambers than kill Laufey."

"So that you can prove yourself and take the throne." you finished for him, "But what if it goes wrong?"

"It won't," Loki stated as he continued to move about the room.

"Okay, so you kill him and then what? Thor will someday return and when he does won't he become king?"

"No, because I am meant to rule, even you have said so before." he stopped pacing to stare at you and with a soft turn of your lips you moved to stand in front of him.

"Of course you are meant to rule," you told him softly while your fingertips brushed across his jawline but before they could reach his lips Loki twisted away from you to embrace his anger instead.

"Then why won't you help me?" he spat out while he watched you from the cornor of his eyes.

"Because you weren't meant to rule Asgard." you began but before you could finish Loki turned on you and shoved his face into yours.

"Yes. I. Was."

Breathing became harder for you and your body tensed as fear planted itself inside your mind. Your heart tried to fight that fear but with Loki's words came an underlying message that tore it in two and allowed the fear to win.

"So you don't want to rule with me?"

"I want to rule Asgard. Whether or not you choose to rule with me is up to you." Loki's gaze was cool as he looked down at you but behind his aloofness you could stil see worry in his eyes. You took a deep breath and closed your eyelids to gain the strength to say what you had to.

"And what would become of my people? Who would rule them if I came here? I am the only heir and the only one who was taught how to rule it."

Loki's mouth opened but nothing came out and he quickly closed it again. It was his turn to see the faults in his plan and so you kept quiet in hopes that this plot would die out.

"Thor," Loki said suddenly and for a moment your were confused at why he mentioned his brother's name but when your mind did catch up an anger boiled inside you.

"So you think he is a horrid king for Asgard but perfect for (hometown). Why do you think my people and I are below you?"

"Of course I don't think you are below me."

"Oh so just my people, you're on you'e own for this one Loki."

"(Y/n)!" Loki called out for you and waited until you had fully turned around before he went on, "Don't tell anyone."

"I haven't yet," you muttered before wrenching the door open. With a soft sigh you cast one more glance over your shoulder, "If you ever see the flaws you are always welcome by my side."

Loki said nothing and so with a firm nod you stepped out of his room and closed the door not only on him and his plan but your shared future as well.

~~~~~~~~~

You swallow hard as a gaurd leads you deep within the palace. You're afraid to talk even as questions build up in your mouth, you're afraid of what answers you might get in return. Thor had told you that Loki had survived his fall, he also told you that Loki had used that undetected time not to learn from his mistakes but to create a larger pile and that is what placed the fear in you. Nobody would say exactly what it was that Loki had done but you knew it involved mass murder and that Odin had not offered forgiveness.

The guard clears his throat and you snap from your thoughts to look through the open door and your eyes easily find the cell that holds the man you couldn't hate even if you tried.

"Hello Loki."

Loki's head shoots up and he hastily climbs up to his feet to glance around the room in an almost frantic fashion. You silently emerge from the shadow cloaked doorway, your eyes fixed firmly on Loki's blue ones and for one fleeting second you could've sworn you saw your Loki within them before the new Loki, the monsterous Loki, re-emarged.

"I thought I chased you off?" Loki questions hautily as he crosseshis arms to glare down at you.

"You could never chase me off," you try to smile at him but even you know it doesn't quite reach your eyes, "All you did was push me away for awhile."

"Then perhaps we should stand near a ledge."

Your heart clenchs at his words and as the wave of hurt washes across your face Loki's smirk falls slightly and hope once again fills your heart. You press your lips together as you move forward and to view him better and your mouth goes dry as Loki does the same. Pity fills your eyes, despite your knowledge of his hatred of that emotion, as your eyes rake over the ghostly face of you ex.

"My offer stills stands you know," you proclaim softly, barely more than whisper, " You could still rule with me."

"You would let the best into your bed?" Loki declared with a dark chuckle, "You're an even bigger fool than Thor."

"Better to be a fool than a delusional criminal on the path of destruction," your words are bitter but your heart won't let your tongue be sharp, not to him, never to him. Your eyes plead with hims to see the light, to see that this game is one he cannot win but he merely stares at you with disdain. You lower lip trembles as you place a hand to the wall of his cage before you place you entire heart into a single word. "Please."

"You could've helped me," Loki snarled at you, causing you to jump backwards and for a grin to settle back unto his lips, "You made your bed now you must lie in it."

"The same can be said for you." A tear slids down your cheek and with a heavy sigh you take that as your sign to leave. To leave the man you one loved so much to lay in his bed of nails with the best he claims to be but your heart screams at you and forces you to stop walking. The makeup you spent so long putting on slowly drips down your face with the tears but you pay no mind to that as you turn to face him and for one last time you kiss your palm and press it against your heart before you disappear through the prison doors.

Water overflows Loki's eyes but he remains motionless as he stares at the door almost willing you to come back, for you to not give up on him and help him through his anger. He knows that is a selfish thought but that's who he is. It is his curse to always want the things he can't have, the things he can only destroy. You deserve better and so in a bout of weakness, for in his eyes it and love are the same, he let you go so that you may never be tainted by him but now he lets himself scream 'I love you to'o to the darkness where you just stood by kissing his right palm and placing it over his heart.