Canada x reader ~New years~

A/n
Wow the first day of 2016...I just wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 2016 I hope you ended 2015 with a happy ending and i hope your ready for more awesomeness in 2016!

"3....2...1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" As Many people shouted you and your close friend Mathew were enjoying the fireworks and making a lot of noise. You were so happy a new year began which means more opportunities, more fun, more excitement, more adventures, but also more problems. But that didn't matter to you, you were happy that you ended a great year and you were with your best friend Matthew enjoying the moment.

"Did you enjoy the party and fireworks?" Matthew asked as he was driving you home. "Yup! They were awesome!" You said as you smiled. Matthew blushed and smiled. He had the biggest crush on you since you guys were kids. He was happy that he didn't have to fight anyone for your attention since all of your guy friends were taken. But he was also nervous that you didn't return the feeling but he didn't want to give up. He parked the car and you both got out.

You both walked in and relaxed on the couch. It was 2 in the morning and you felt hungry "hey Mattie I'm going to make pancakes do you want some?" you asked. "Sure," he replied. You nodded and went to the kitchen to make pancakes.

~After pancakes~
"Wow the pancakes were delicious thank you," Matthew said as he smiled. "No problem! But your cooking is more better," you said as you wiped your mouth. He chuckled "thanks but I'm still a beginner too." You smiled at the thought of you and Matthew cooking together but snapped out of it. 'What? I can't think like this! He might have other interests in other people' you thought to yourself. You would be sad if he liked someone else but he is single and he could do anything he wanted as related to relationships.

"(Y/n) are you ok?" You snapped out of your thoughts and realized Matthew was at your aid and you were crying. "(Y/n) stop crying what's wrong?" He asked. You were still shocked that you were crying. "I'm fine," you replied and about to put away the dishes but got pulled into a hug. You were surprised that the shy Canadian hugged you. Of course you guys hugged but you would be the first one to do it. "(Y/n) I known you for years and your not ok what's wrong?" He said as he looked down to you. You were quiet you don't why but you were just confused about everything.

He sighed "I have a confession," you looked up at him. "Every since we were kids I liked you. I had no doubt about you being the one. I understand you don't feel the same but I can deal with it. I just want you to be happy." You felt so happy no one ever said those kind of words to you. "I- I like you too!" You said with so much happiness. He smiled and picked you up spun you around. You laugh and smiled and you both kissed. "S-so your mine?" He asked. "Of course silly! Your also mine too!" You smiled and you guys both hugged again. 'Wow I have a person to spend the rest of the year with. Maybe for the rest of my life.' 'This is how you start a new year.' You smiled again and fell asleep with Matthew.