Chapter 5

My hands flew to my mouth and my heart sank. The boy who held my hand, and whom I kissed, wasn't Kasey. It was Will... I saw his bright blue eyes meet mine. His eyes said sorry, but he had no words. Neither did I. I was feeling to many emotions, I couldn't just pick one to tell him. I wasn't angry. I was furious. I was sad, terrified, guilty, sorry, betrayed, and so many more. I choked back tears and looked away. I sneakily glanced all around the squished training room to find Kasey. I couldn't see him, then someone tapped my shoulder. I hoped like everything that it wasn't Will. I slowly turned to see Kasey. I let out a sigh of relief. My arms flung around him uncontrollably. He hugged me back. "Where were you??" I asked braking the hug to look at his face. He let go too then said," well after Dillon had pulled me in I just stood there confused. Until I heard your conversation." I smiled at that. Then he asked the question I hope he wouldn't," where were you??" This simple question turned my stomach to knots. "The same thing as you. But I asked the questions," I said trying to make him believe me. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't exactly the whole truth either. We all filed out of the tiny training room, and into the big meeting hall. The second I got into the meeting hall, I was greeted by a hug. Lacy ran up to me and jumped in my arms. She was four years younger than me and very petite. She had short blonde hair and blue eyes. She looked a lot like me. "Are you okay??" I asked her concerned. She smiled then said," yeah I'm ok. But you gave Dillon a bigger beating then he'll ever admit." This made me laugh. We were all silenced as the adults began to talk. The little kids (anyone under the age of fourteen) were sent home. That meant Ray's whole family besides her parents of course. Ray was the oldest and was only thirteen. Us older ones had to stay. Dillon walked up to me. Then he said," you really didn't need to hurt me so bad." "Why?? You couldn't handle it??" I asked teasingly. He laughed then said," I can handle anything, but you need to calm down." My joking tone slightly went away when I said," after my sister strangely disappeared?? I don't think so. Besides, you were the one who taught me to always keep my guard up. Also that you have a better chance of surviving if you attack hard and fast first." "Yeah I know," he said admitting defeat. He walked away. The adults were discussing a plan to attack the government. They were deciding what plan was the best. Some people were arguing that we should just go in guns a blazing. Some wanted to wait to see if they attack again. Others just wanted to go and watch / keep an eye out for what they're doing. I didn't really care. I was impartial. I was to pre occupied by my personal predicament to care. That may sound selfish but I couldn't help it. All growing up I had hated love triangles. In my opinion I was lucky if one guy liked me, so I didn't need another one. But there I was, stuck right in the middle of one. It had been over two hours so they let us teens go home. A few more hours had passed until the meeting was dismissed, with no consensus.