Part I- How the adventure began

After a long and weary journey, Frodo, Merry, Pippin,  Aragorn, and myself made it to Rivendell, the home of Elrond. The exhausted party was eager for a rest, especially Frodo. He had had the unpleasant experience of being stabbed by one of the dreaded Black Riders. Frodo made it to Rivendell just in time before all was lost, thanks to Elrond's daughter, Arwen.

The group was able to rest and become refreshed. Frodo even had a joyous reunion with his dear uncle Bilbo. And soon it was time to make preparations for the Ring. A council was held as soon as Frodo was well enough. Along with a few uninvited hobbits, myself included, a plan was made to take the Ring to Mordor to be destroyed in the fires of Mt. Doom. The fellowship was formed and everything was going according to plan.

A few hours after the council was over, Bilbo gave Frodo his hobbit-size sword called Sting and a special Dwarfish mail coat, Mithril.  These items would come in handy on the journey.

While Frodo was trying on the Mithril, the Ring, which he had on a chain about his neck, became visible.  Bilbo took one glance at the Ring and said, "Why, it's my old Ring. Might I try it on? For old times sake?"

Frodo realized at once that the Ring still had a powerful hold over his uncle. He started to put the Ring out of sight. In the blink of an eye Bilbo's countenance changed. In it was greed, anger and lust. Quick as Silver, he grabbed out at the Ring and with unusual strength, he seized the Ring and broke it off the chain.

Frodo let out a gasp and helplessly watched as Bilbo let out a sickly evil laugh and instantly vanished from sight. Frodo was left standing there in awe. A wave of shame and guilt washed over him while he let the events sink in. He knew of only one thing to do, only one person to seek help from. He rushed out of the room and ran down the hall calling out one name.

"Gandalf!" 

A/N

Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. Commit if you caught onto the Marvel reference. ;)