Chapter 3- The Princess of Thieves

*Edited*
__________________________

Carlos  POV

The guards led us to the dungeons. Few prisoners were kept in, I didn't recognize them. One prisoner caught my attention, a teenage girl with brown hair, and dark eyes. She looked at us.

We were split up, boy in one cell and girls in another. There cell was next to ours, and the girls I saw was across from Mal and Evies.

I couldn't see what was happening on the other side, but I had a feeling someone was very hurt.

Mal POV

The guards unchained me and I collapsed. I take a quick look at the chains I had, the red burning color faded. I look at my hands, the burn marks looked serious. Before they left, they put small metal brackets on each wrist, and burning feeling returned.

They left, and Evie came to me.

"Are you okay?" she asked, as she looked at the burn marks.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." I slowly start to close my eyes.

"Hey, come on. We need a new plan." Carlos said from the other side. Evie took out her magic mirror, and angled it through the bars so we can see Jay and Carlos.

"A new plan for what?"

We all turned to a girl across from me and Evie. She was sitting near the bars, and some light on the touch fire and small window in her cell, revealed her. She looked like she was our age, my best guess is 15.

We all looked at each other, not knowing what to do. The dungeon door slammed opened, which frightened the girl across from us. Evie quickly his her magic mirror.

My mother appeared, and looked at me. But she then turned to the girl across from us.

"You wouldn't be here if you wouldn't have stolen from the Ruler of Auradon. Now you will be here for quite a while." the girl didn't say anything.

"Now, if behave you might be set free." she still didn't say anything.

"Fine if you don't speak, you won't be fed." she simply held a piece of bread, but the girl tried to reach for it, as if it was the only food she ever gotten.

"Now as for you four," my mother looked at all of us, me mostly, "If you tell me where they are, you're free to go." We all remained quiet.

"Fine we'll try all of this again tomorrow." she said and left us.

The girl rested her head against the bars, and looked down.

"Hey," I calmly said to her, "What is your name?"

She looked up, "I go by the name of Gwyn, some call me the Princess of Thieves."

"Princess of Thieves?"

"Yup, steal from the rich and I give to the poor."

"Okay than. I'm Mal, the one in blue hair is Evie," she gave a small wave, "the one with frost tips is Carlos, and the one with a sleeveless vest is Jay"

Gywn looked at us, very closely. "Aren't most of you royalty and very wealthy?" We nodded.

"What are you doing here than?"

I decided to tell her of life before this, when Auradon was ruled in peace. I told some parts of us helping Ben and his friends, and how we helped them escape. She listened to the whole story.

"If there was a place like that," Gwyn said, "I want it to exist. I don't want for anyone to live in fear. I want for people to have courage to stand up for themselves."

She's a smart girl, I wondered who she was before.

"Who are your parents?" Jay ask, but Gwyn only looked down.

"They died in the war, I was only 5."

We all looked at each other, shocked to hear this. How did she survive all of this time alone.

"My parents taught me how to hunt, and steal if necessary. I learned to fight on my own. My dad was Robin, Robin Hood."

I can't believe this, her father was in the history book I had, but gave back to Ben. I than started to think of Ben and the others, wondering if they got their memories again.

"I promise you, Gwyn, we'll make everything right."

There are too many promises to keep, how do we keep them all.
__________________________
A/N: Behold The Princess of Thieves

Happy New Years Eve