Chapter Eight

Last night Nate and I spent the entire night eating junk food while watching terrible movies on TV. It was fun and definitely not something I was expecting. Nate was a great kid, you know when he wasn’t doing drugs, drinking alcohol or doing something completely ridiculous, which was most of the time.

I woke up late in the morning and rushed around my room getting ready, it was Friday, meaning that there was a football game tonight so I couldn’t skip school even though I really wanted too. I bit into an apple that I took from the bowl in the kitchen as I made my way out the door.

“Wait. Where are you going?” Nate asked jogging down the stairs rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“School, it’s Friday.” I told him seldomly as I stifled a yawn. “I’ll see you after.”

“Great.” he nodded and began his way to the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and shut the door and continued on my way to my car.

Pulling into the lot I noticed Pax instantly. His hands were shoved into his pockets as he stood by the school building. Deciding that I was going to avoid him as well I sucked in a breath and mentally chanted that I could do this. Besides I have been doing it for the past five years, what’s one day?

“Hey, need any help?” Robbie’s voice was muffled by the glass. I looked up surprised and groaned.

“I’m fine Robbie.” I sighed stepping out of the car but not looking at him as I made my way up to the school.

“Emily, I just want to talk to you.” He grabbed my arm effectively pulling me to a stop.

I jerked my arm away and glared at him. “Don’t touch me.” I hissed and then walked away, luckily he didn’t follow this time.

It was harder than I thought avoiding Robbie and Pax but only because we had a lab today. “Would you mind if I was your partner?” I asked to a girl sitting next to me.

“Not at all.” She shook her head, “But I have to tell you, I’m absolutely shit at doing labs.”

I smiled, “That’s alright.” It wasn’t like I wasn’t used to it, Robbie never did any of the work so I was left to do it by myself. “I’m Emily.”

“I know. I’m Eliza.” She looked at me confused. “Don’t you remember?”

“Uh, no sorry.” I told her. She looked familiar, I guess and the name Eliza was also familiar even though I was almost positive I didn’t know anyone by that name. I looked her over and noticed that I had seen those shoes somewhere. They were black converse with names written all over them. Pax’s name was scrawled across the upper part and that’s when it clicked. “Your Calvin’s sister.we met at the party thing. ”

“Unfortunately.” She nodded scrunching her nose in disgust.

I smiled, “I’m sorry I didn’t remember, that whole night was a blur for me.”

“No problem, I don’t remember all that much either.” She laughed while watching me set up our lab.

“Hey sorry I’m late-.” A girl came in and at across for us, “Oh, hey Em, you working with Eliza?”

“Yeah.” I nodded, even though I couldn’t remember her name, but she looked familiar so that was a start.

“Well good luck to you because Liza sucks at everything.”

“Cassie’s just a bitch.” Eliza told me subtly giving me her name. A picture of Cassie handing me a drink flashed in my head and I knew that she was there that night too.