Chapter One

The thing about forever was, it was a really, really long time.  I’m not too sure people are up for the challenge of forever, I mean it’s a huge commitment and some people get bored.

I combed my ‘perfect’ blonde hair with a brush as I looked at my ‘perfect’ self in the mirror. Why anyone thought I was perfect was beyond me. Sure I had a huge house with servants waiting on me all the time, a mom and stepdad that loved me, all A’s in school and I’m head cheerleader but all those things don’t make me perfect, if anything they make it worse.

Even though my parents loved me they're never home, leaving me to myself so I study most of the time and the other times I’m hanging out with Robbie.

My phone rang in from where it sat on my desk and I sighed as I looked at the name, “Hey Robbie. What’s up?” I asked trying to sound happy to hear his voice but in all honesty he wasn’t the same guy I’ve been friends with for my whole life. He was now captain of the football, hockey and baseball teams. He had everyone in the school eating out of the palm of his hands, he knew this of course and used it to his advantage.

”Hey Em, you planning on coming anytime soon?” he laughed.

“Yeah, yeah sorry. I’m on my way.” I hung up and threw my phone into my purse while taking one last look into the mirror making sure my skirt wasn’t too short and my tank top didn’t go down too far. I rolled my eyes and ran down the stairs only to be greeted by Pen at the end.

“See you after school.” He waved laughing as he held the door open.

“Thanks.” I smiled. Once outside I saw Robbie’s ferri, it’s a bit much if you ask me but it’s not mine, so I can’t complain. “Hey.”

“Hey babe.” he leaned over as I slammed the car door, kissing my cheek. I blushed and looked at him weirdly.

“What are you doing?” I asked staring into his green eyes. Why did he do that? We’re friends, just friends.

“What?” he smirked as he pulled out of my driveway waving to Benji, the gateman, before turning to look back at me. “can’t I kiss my best friend on the cheek?” I shrugged and held in my no. I didn’t want to cause any unwanted drama, especially since it was the first day of senior year. “By the way you look sexy as hell wearing that.”

I nodded but I was freaking out in my head, Sexy? Really Robbie?

What I wouldnt give to hear one guy say I was pretty, beautiful or gorgeous instead of hot or sexy.

We reached school in silence and as he parked he took my hand in his, stopping me from getting out of the car. “Did I do something wrong?” He asked his eyes searching mine, questioning in concern. This is who my best friend is, I thought, the one who care about me and not what I wear or how I act, about keeping my reputation and maintaining my spot on top.  This is the true Robbie not the jock asswhole he is slowly turning into.

I shook my head and kissed his cheek, “No, sorry. Crazy morning.”

“What are you doing?” He smirked and I rolled my eyes patting his cheek.

“What can’t I kiss my best friends cheek?” I mocked him from earlier.

“You can do anything you want.” He squeezed my hand winking.