Chapter 9

Diamond's POV

Malasia and I were wandering around the hotel gift shop looking for clothes. All they had were Marson Hotel t-shirts and sweatpants.

"Ugh, we're stuck wearin' these ugly ass hotel clothes like we homeless." Malasia complained.

"Technically, we are homeless. And this is just for now so we can finally take a damn shower." I replied, grabbing a few shirts and pants for each of us.

I heard her huff and puff and storm away. I just shook my head and kept it moving. I purchased everything and Malasia and I left to our hotel rooms. The elevator ride up together was completely silent. But Malasia's attitude was the least of my worries.

Even though Jay seems okay now, I still can't stop replaying trying to wake him up and him not responding. It was the scariest shit in my life. I don't know what the fuck I would do if I ever lost him. And now I have to go back to our hotel room to see those bloodied-up bed sheets and the trail of blood he had going all over the suite. Malasia and I split up to our suites after I gave her her share of clothing.

As soon as I entered my suite, I immediately went to the bedroom and stripped the bed of it's bloody sheets and threw them in the garbage. Then, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. As I turned the water on and let it run, I stared at myself in the mirror. The right side of my bottom lip was a little swollen still, I had a huge scratch under my eye and red and bruised spots on my forehead. My hair was a complete disaster and some of it was pulled out. I sighed and hopped in the shower.

After an hour, I got out and got dressed. I don't mind wearing sweats right now, they are too comfortable. My hair was curly, frizzed up and everywhere but I just let it be. I left to Malasia's suite and knocked on the door.

"Just go without me." she yelled from inside.

I just shrugged my shoulders and kept it moving. I hopped back in Bry's truck and looked up a near by supermarket on the GPS. I found one called ShopRite that was less than 3 miles away and drove out the hotel parking lot. As I finally reached the ShopRite, I parked and grabbed some more of the money Bry left in the glove compartment. He had a few stacks in there to possibly last us months if we spend it wisely. I stepped out the truck and grabbed a cart and headed inside. I wandered around the store, grabbing veggies, canned foods, frozen foods, juice, and snacks. I wanted to get enough stuff to be able to cook so we don't have to just be stuck eating T.V. dinners and frozen pizzas every night. The snacks I grabbed were Oreos, multiple different bags of chips, and candy. Since we're all hungry as hell right now, I just grabbed a few turkey sandwiches and threw them in cart. I was basically shopping like we was about to live in that damn hotel.

I got in line and purchased everything. As I was on my way to the truck with my cart full of grocery bags, a deep voice behind me made me stop in my tracks.

"Excuse me, do you need help?" I heard.

I turned around to see this tall, chocolate-skinned man. His skin was flawless and he had a clean buzz-cut. He had dark brown eyes, but they shined beautifully in the sunlight. He was wearing a navy blue zip-up hoodie and light gray sweatpants. I saw him exiting the store with one little bag in his hand.

"Um, no I'm fine." I replied, opening the trunk.

"Come on, I know you do. All these bags you got." he replied, with a warm smile. Damn, his teeth were perfect.

I just sighed and loaded the trunk as he proceeded to help me.

"I'm guessing you're not from here with all of this Marson Hotel attire?" he said jokingly.

Without looking at him, "Nope."

"Then where you from?" he asked.

"Tridalle."

"Oh, that's like a few hours from here. What brings yo beautiful self to Marson?"

"Visiting family." I replied dryly. He was undeniably fine, but I have a man so.. he needa fuck off if I'm being real.

"Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here." he said with an assuring smile as he put the last bag in the car.

"Thank you." I said, avoiding eye-contact, closing the trunk.

As he walked away to his car I looked around and noticed there was a drugstore right across the parking lot. I walked over there. While wandering through the drug store, I picked up some Neosporin, rubbing alcohol, and bandage wraps. I got a big bottle of Motrin, some toothpaste, and toothbrushes. I also picked up a couple of women's and men's deodorants and some soap. As I was walking down each aisle, I came across an entire shelf of pregnancy tests. I nervously scanned through all the different brands. I contemplated whether I should grab one or not. Fuck it. I picked up a test and went to the cashier to checkout.

I headed back to he truck and before I put the bags in the trunk, I grabbed the pregnancy test and put it in my pocket. I was on my way back to the hotel. Once I finally reached there and got back to my suite, I put away whatever had to go in the fridge or freezer and left everything else to be put away later. I took the pregnancy test and hid it in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. I grabbed the sandwiches and headed back out. I went to Malasia's suite once again and knocked on the door.

"I'm going back to the hospital and I got food, let's go." I yelled.

A few moments later, she opened the door, dressed in the hotel sweats. She looked annoyed - as usual - and got in the truck. I know she hated them damn hotel clothes. I chuckled under my breath.

After our elevator ride back down I approached the lady at the front desk. "Hey, can you send someone up to remake the bed in room 819? We need more sheets. Thanks." I said as she nodded her blonde head after.

Back to the hospital we go...