Chapter 6

Noire's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time seemed to have stopped. As the ladder started to fall apart, everything began to play in slow motion. I could feel my body soar through the soft wind, hearing it roar in my ears. The area around me became more clear. I took notice to the deep, frail red leaves on the tree branches, rustling in the wind. The sky never seemed so blue before, the white clouds slowly advanced forward, preparing to cloud the sun. My vision became blurred, due to shock, which caused me to shut them tightly.

But the feeling soon stopped, because my body was overwhelmed in pain. I couldn't move, and it took all the power in my body to take in a ragged breath. The ringing in my ears stopped, and I began to hear the screams of the people who ran over to catch a glimpse of my body. I rolled over slowly as I heard sirens. Wheres Nathan?

My eyes rolled to the left and I saw Nathan being restrained by Chloe's step-dad. I tried to call his name, but my mouth couldn't form the words. The paramedics rushed forward, the crowd clearing a path. I heard my name being screamed, and I saw Kate, Chloe, Max,  and Warren gathered around the police tape, which prevented people from piling forward.

I felt my body being lifted onto a sturdy bed, and heard someone call someone's name. I heard frantic footsteps making their way towards me, and I felt a warmness in my hand. I opened my eyes to meet blue orbs staring back at mine; blue orbs which were filled with tears. Nathan.

His hand gripped mine, in desperation. "I'm so so sorry, I'm so sorry." His words were muffled by his sobs. I squeezed his hand, letting him know I'm here. Soon, as quick as the warmness came, it was gone. I heard scuffling and opened my eyes to see Nathan getting pulled back by a cop.

I coughed, "N-no! I want him to be with me.." My throat lacked moisture, making my words sound dry. The officer let go unwillingly, and Nathan was back by my side, stroking my hair. I could hear the clicks of phone cameras going off; people have no respect.

Soon, I was loaded into the back of an ambulance and quickly rushed me to a hospital, with Nathan by my side keeping me comfort. I felt a sharp sting go into my wrist, a needle filled with morphine, and whimpered. Nathan was still holding my hand, stroking it with his thumb. "Everything is going to be okay Noire. I promise." And with that, my eyes drifted closed due to the drug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beep.....Beep.....Beep"

I slowly opened my eyes just to shut them quickly, wincing at the sudden bright light. I cautiously opened them again, adjusting to my surroundings. I tried sitting up, and managed to do so. I looked around and saw I was in a hospital room. I looked to my right and on the side table overflowed with gifts and flowers.

I heard mumbling in the corner, and saw Nathan sleeping on a hospital chair. He was curled up, using his jacket as a blanket. This would make such a cute photo. And immedietly after I wished for my camera, I saw my bag next to me on the ground. I reached inside and fumbled for my camera, soon finding it.

I held it up to my face, and pressed the capture button. I shook the photo, waiting for it to develop. "Aw, he looks so adorable."

"Why thank you." His raspy morning voice made chills travel down my spine. He stood up and pulled his chair next to my bed. "How are you doing? Are you in any pain? Want me to go get a doctor? Hold on, I'll go get a doctor."

I lightly laughed, grabbing his hand. "Nathan, chill. I feel pretty good for a girl who fell 1000 stories." His eyes still held a worried look to it.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Noire, I fucked up. I feel like shit. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I didn't think you'd fall and almost die."

I smirked, and said "I told you so," trying to lighten the mood. The door to the hospital room opened, and in strolled the doctor. He was old, with glasses riding up his nose, which was stuck in a medical chart.

He cleared his throat. "So, seeing that Ms. Winchester fell 50 feet, she is actually in good condition, save for a sprained arm. If you could get a parent to sign this sheet, you can be released immedietly."

I spoke up, "I don't have a parent here with me because I flew from New York to attend Blackwell."

"Well, a guardian aged 18 or older could sign you out," he said.

Nathan stood up, reaching towards the release form. " I'm 18, I could sign." The doctor handed him the form along with a pen, and soon left with the signed sheet.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, trying to get out, but I stumbled a bit. Nathan rushed to my side and wrapped an arm around my waist, helping me stay up. "I brought some extra clothes for you because your old ones got bloody." 

He handed me a brown backpack which I recognized as mine and helped me to the bathroom. I closed the door and tried to untie the back of my gown, but I ended up failing. Nathan knocked gently on the door. "You okay in there Noire? Do you need any help?"

I groan frustrated, and opened the door. "Yeah, I need help with untying my gown." I turned around and lifted my hair up, not wanting it to get in the way. I waited for the feeling of his hands. Soon, I felt cool hands trail along my neck, hesitating with the strings of the gown. I couldn't help but notice how close he was behind me. I could feel his warm breath, tickling the hair on the back of my neck. My breathing started to grow ragged, most likely from his close proximity.

His hands softly brushed against my skin, causing me to slightly shiver. I looked back. "Are you almost done?" I felt his hands remove the knot holding my gown together. Before it could fall to the ground, I wrapped my arms around myself, turning around.

I smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

I looked at his face and there was a faint dust of pink across his cheeks. "N-no problem." I closed the door. I fumbled with the buckles on the backpack preventing me from reaching my clothes. Soon, I put this on : http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=186336751.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth, not bothering with makeup. I opened the door, and slung my bag over my shoulder. I smiled brightly. "Let's bounce."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this chapter was okay D: Idk

Please comment, share, and vote :D

- XoX :D