Chapter 13: Making a Cover

MAKING A COVER

Now, this is just if you make a story on Wattpad, but this chapter is about making the perfect cover for your story. 

First, think about what your story is about. Is the main character a girl or a boy? What do they look like? Is there an object that is crucial to the story? Is there a main event that happens?

Maybe you can have a picture of the object or place, but you have to make it more unique. 

In my story, Behind the Scenes, I have a picture of a girl that is doing a weird pose, almost like a robot, because in the story she is an actress in a robot movie. See the connection? Try and make your cover a connection with your story. 

Let's say you are writing a book about a nerdy girl and a popular boy fall in love (cliche, I know, but there are billions of books like this). How would you make your cover? My suggestion is to have a nerdy girl, who is short, and a cute guy, who is tall. Maybe have a football in the guy's hands, if he's a jock, and a book, or something smart, in the girl's hand. 

Another example is that your book is about a mermaid wwho turns into a human (notice any resemblance?). Your picture could be a mermaid sitting on a rock, then a spilt on the picture, and have the other picture be the same girl but as a human, maybe walking in school.

Second, think of how your cover looks to other people. Let's be honest: people do judge a book by its cover. So, you have to make sure it appeals to all audiences. Have it catch people's eyes. That means it could be colorful, bright, or mysterious. 

Third, you need to know how to make a cover! The first way I have to make a cover is to use the Wattpad Covers app. It has a wide variety of pictures, and you can type and personalize the title. And, it's free! 

Another way to make a cover is to find a picture on the internet and use a photo-editing program to add text to it and change the filter, and so on. 

That's all I have for making covers! 

BONUS:

Do you judge a book by its cover when you first see it?

To be honest, I do! If it looks like a dumb picture, I assume it's a dumb book. Yes, I know it's a bad habit! 

*********************

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

READ

-kykendall <3