Chapter 4: Climax

CLIMAX

Once you've finished the beginning, it's time for the climax. The climax is where the main characters face the plot. This should be the most suspenseful part of your story. If it were The Hunger Games, it would be where Katniss enters the Hunger Games. If it were The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus series) then it would be where the demigods face the Earth goddess. 

But, you shouldn't have the character win the fight right away. This is what should be in the climax:

- The main character is introduced to the plot

- Make it harder for the main character to acheive their goal

-Set up a few road blocks for the character

-Add a plot twist

-Stay true to your genre. If your book is realistic fiction, don't make your character suddenly ride a unicorn ninto the sunset.

-Make sure the main character doesn't solve the problem right away; save that for the falling action.

-Avoid cliches! Don't make the popular boy and the nerdy girl fall in love so fast; add conflicts. 

-End your climax at the right time.

A plot twist could mean a road block for the main character. You can also add a mini-story, but one that adds up to the climax. It wouldn't be weird if the main characters were fighting the bad guy, and all the sudden something totally unrelated happens. 

Make sure you plan your climax carefully. Add as much detail as you can! 

If you've finished the beginning, and you're not ready for the climax yet, this is a perfect spot for a mini-story. You could have one that will lead up to the climax, or one that is completely unrelated. Just make sure it isn't too crazy. For example, if your story's main character is a werewolf, don't have a unicorn in your mini-story. 

Mini-stories could be flashbacks, foreshadowing, or just a side story. It could also be a story that affects the character later on. 

So, after your climax and your mini-stories, it's time for the ending!

BONUS:

Do you like books or movies better?

I personally like books better because there's a big chance that a movie was based on the book. 

*****************

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

READ

-kykendall <3