Chapter 7: Plot Twist

PLOT TWIST

Ever had trouble thinking of a plot twist for your story? Well think no more. Here is some tips to have a killer plot twist.

-Don't make it obvious. Think of some plot twists, then discard those. Think of something that relates to your story, but something a million people couldn't guess.

-Make sure it makes sense. You can have it be completely surprising, but it has to make sense to the story. Make the reader say, "That makes perfect sense! How did I not see that before?"

-Redirect suspicion. Ask yourself what you think the readers will think what is going to happen, then do the opposite for the twist.

-Use red herrings, dead ends, and foils

-Avoid gimmicks. 

-Never make a reader feel tricked or insulted by the plot twist. 

-Try to avoid dream sequences. The character is in danger in her dream, but wakes up and is okay in real life. There is no real action.

-Write towards your readers reaction. Try and make them think that it's going to go one way. 

People love plot twists. It makes the story much more interesting and suspenseful. 

But, you have to do it right. Make sure you keep it true to the story, and make it unique.

If you have a mystery book, and everyone thinks it's the librarian, don't make the murderer be the main character. Sure, it throws the readers off, but does it really make sense? Why would the main character murder, if they're the detective? Your twist needs to be surprising, creative, and make sense!

Hope your plot twist is the perfect twist for your story! ;)

BONUS:

Would you rather travel by plane, train, or car?

I think train because the seats are really comfy, and it makes me less nervous than plane rides.

********************

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

READ

-kykendall <3