I feel protected here~4

Start from the beginning

"I know." I whispered to her and she giggled. The giggle that I loved so much. 

The following Saturday I picked McKinley up pretty early in the morning, which she wasn't very thrilled with but I did it anyway. 

"You told Courtney you were coming with me?" She nodded as she laid her head against the back of the chair and closed her eyes. I turned the radio on low to keep myself awake while she slept. About two hours into the drive we stopped for some coffee at Dunkin Donuts along with some breakfast sandwiches before we got back on the road. 

She eventually stayed awake with me playing music off her phone and having me guess what song they were. 

"Babe, I'm a music producer, you think I haven't heard these songs?" I asked looking at her smiling a little as she glared at me. 

"Anyway, what's your family like? Are they going to like me?" She questioned. 

"They'll love you. They always wanted me with a smart girl." I said and she nodded at me. "And you're so pretty. My mom might just look at you the whole time." I said laughing and she joined me. 

"You only have brother's right? Am I going to be the only girl at this dinner?" 

"No. My brother has a girlfriend, Celeste. She's really nice. You'll love her." I said and she smiled. "But we're having this dinner and then the next day me and you are going on a date." I said to her. 

"Where are we going?" She questioned. 

"I'm not telling." She sighed. "What are you doing for Christmas?" 

"I usually go to Courtney's but she's going to Nick's parents house this year." She answered as she checked something on her phone. "Sam invited me to his house." She laughed. 

"That guy freaks me out." 

"Oh really?" She asked, her voice filled with sarcasm. "He scares the crap out of me! He's like always around! The night that you slept over, her knew and asked me about it." 

"He did?" She nodded looking at me. 

"It's getting really scary." 

"I came over the other day to bring you medication when you were home from work and I saw him and he just glared at me and his hands were balled into fists. I thought he was going to fight me." She laughed a little. "Can you please be careful around him?" 

"Of course I will. Or at least I'll try. He scared me a little." 

"I don't like that." I said looking at her. 

"And you think I do?" 

*MCKINLEY P.O.V*

Talking with Luke in the car about Sam, scared the crap out of me and when I had a breakdown and cried that I felt like he was stalking me, Luke freaked out. And not because I was freaking out. Because he wanted to call the cops on Sam. 

"McKinley, we're going to meet my parents now, are you okay?" I nodded my head as I made sure my makeup looked fine before getting out of the car. 

"Luke!" Who I assume was his mom shouted as she came out of the house wrapping him in a hug. "And who is this pretty lady?" She asked me and I automatically smiled. 

"This is McKinley Davis, she's a uh, friend of mine." Luke said and his mom smiled. 

"It's very nice to meet you, McKinley Davis, I'm Liz, Luke's mom." She said smiling, wrapping me in a hug. 

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled watching Luke greet the rest of his family. 

"Kin, this is my dad, Andy and my brother's Ben and Jack." Luke said.