Chapter Four; Merciless

Petite's head spun as she slid out of her nest. The black and white cat's words remained in her head. Things about clans and her rebuilding one of them. What was the name of the clan she was rebuilding? The cat didn't say.

The tiny kit slowly moved away from her siblings and mother and began to make her way down the tree that they remained in most of the time. It had always been difficult for Petite to get down the tree. It was tall and wide, and if Amber were to see her leaving she'd be angered. So the key to getting down the tree was to be swift, silent, and strong.

Once the she-kit got down she slid her tongue over her lips, pleased by her ability to get down the tree. The starry cat hadn't said where the clan would be or how to begin creating it, and Petite was afraid to start. But she wanted to get away from Hawk and Amber, the only cat who truly care for her was Bounce. And she was finished with the fake affection and favoritisim. Petite was going to run away.

☁︎

( Thrushstar's pov )

Thrushstar's throat tightened as he woke from his slumber. He'd killed off most of his clan, how was he supposed to defeat the other three clans with so few cats?

He chuckled. The remaining cats were ruthless, he'd be fine. It'd be easy. The other clan cats were weak.

The only problem left was his dream. A recurring dream, where he watched himself die and one of the former WindClan leaders, Tallstar would stand over his corpse, smirking, before motioning a much smaller kit over. The kit would flinch each time.

Then the dream was over.

No words were ever spoken, it was complete silence between Tallstar, the kit, and the deceased Thrushstar.

His breathing hitched as he finished thinking about the dream. The kit was black and white, a she. Her fur was white while there were black, tiny spots splattered all over her pelt. A pink nose and pink ears. She was remarkably small...

"Thrushstar," he turned to face the cat who had entered his den, "there is a patrol from RiverClan here, they wish to speak with you."

Icewing. One of the few cats remaining. Thrushstar smiled and moved past the warrior.

"Thank you, Icewing." As he exited his den he flicked his tail to dismiss the white tom.

"Hello." He greeted the patrol kindly, a fake smile pulling at his lips.

"Greetings, Thrushstar." A she-cat moved towards him.

"A great amount of warriors and apprentices from your clan have been found in a river that runs through out clan."

His eyes widened. He remembered telling Silversplash, Grasspuddle and Brownfur to dump some of their dead clanmates into the RiverClan river.

This would be exciting.

"Ah, yes. We had nowhere to put their bodies. I apologize for the inconvenience."

The she-cat leading the patrol frowned.

Thrushstar smirked.

"This is very disrespectful of you, Thrushstar. We'll be telling Thymestar as soon as we get back."

"By the way, this is disrespectful to not only Riverclan, but to those dead cats as well."

Thrushstar grit his teeth, thinking of his mate he had murdered.

The muscular tom leapt into the air and hit the she-cat's back, stunning her.

"WINDCLAN! ATTACK!"

Thrushstar's merciless clan ran forwards and began to engage in battle with the three cat patrol.

"I didn't mean to disrespect you, my love."
he whispered to himself as he raked his unsheathed claws across a tom's face.

He had left his three kits somewhere in ShadowClan territory, he wondered what would happen next.