Chapter 1: Amazing Acquiration

2013 copyright

All rights reserved

No part of this material may be subject to plaguerism.

I look up at the surface of the water. The sun is creating glimmering warmth where ever its rays reached.

Sighing, I grab a broken shell and toss it into the hungry sea. It's an extremely hot day, I can barely breathe. The beach is vacant, probably because its Sunday, and many would be at church right now.

Double checking to make sure no one is around, I strip off my cover up and let it fall onto the sand. I untie my hair and stretch my hands in the air. I walk slowly to where water reaches my hips. Then I dive in.
The cool water embraces me. I exhale through my nose. I look around. The salt water doesn't burn my eyes, as it does for many. Broken shells and bits of seaweed tickle my feet. Farther and farther out I swim, every so often coming up for air.

Then something catches my eye. A glint. I snatch it before the waves can move it away. I rise, and examine the peculiar object in the sunlight.
It's a sand dollar, but with a silvery tint that when the sun hits it turns multicolored. I grasp it in my fist and swim toward the shore. I think I could make the glimmering....um...thing into a nice necklace. I grab my cover up and run across the sand. Dad's shack is towards the back of the the beach.