Chapter 11

New chapter thanks to @riseofpie , this chapter is dedicated to you! Thank you for commenting and keeping this book alive :)

Happy reading

//

Previously on Beast with Beauty:

"Belle. I'm sorry. Peter is dead."

Sometimes people hurt themselves purposefully to not think of another pain they have.

It suddenly didn't seem so insane anymore.

. . .

It has been a two months since Belle has been in the accident. The other guy in the car accident hasn't been found, "It was a hit and run," the police had described it. "It happens often, don't get yourself worked up over it." Their inconsiderate words were blank noises to Belle.

She doesn't do much of anything anymore. She has become a shell of some sorts.

Although she is young, she understands death and she understands life. She understood she was most likely going to marry the man that is now six feet under the clean cut ground. It wasn't much of an abstract thought. It wasn't that they talked about it too frequently, she was just a junior in high school after all. All of only seventeen years of age, but she understood. They loved each other as the waves and the sand. No matter how often there was a storm, they would kiss and remind each other they loved each other. Her father figured he would walk her down the aisle with Peter at the end of the long hall, he had never imagined walking her to his coffin.

The funeral was dreadful and nothing as once would have been described as peaceful and fulfilling as many funerals are written as. There were too many puffy cheeks and too many loud priests to think about how roses bloomed around his grave or how hundreds of letters of love and lost were left in her boyfriend's hole for him to stay for the rest of eternity. Or her's anyways.

For a few hours after the funeral, three days after his death was announced, Belle pondered over Asher's thoughts of soulmates. And she started to believe in them. And that made her tears much louder than any priests proclamations of God's beauty in death and other bullshit.

There isn't much to love without someone to love, she decided two weeks exactly after the funeral. At the time, Asher was making some weird tea his mom "promised could make anyone feel better" or something of the sort. She didn't pay much attention. Her mind was elsewhere. To the way Peter used to make her coffee before school. She isn't much of a fan of coffee anymore. The blue round cup of tea teased her nose and her dry lips, but she still didn't take a sip when Asher begged her.

What was he doing here anyways?

"I told you," Asher sighed, "I'm worried."

Oh.

Belle didn't pay much attention to when she said something or didn't anymore. Because she didn't just lose her boyfriend she loved with all of her soul. She didn't just lose a future husband. She didn't just lose her future of hope. She lost her best friend. She lost her past. And now her future.

She takes a sip of tea.

It was too cold for her taste.

"You waited an hour before sipping it," Asher bites his lip. He looks like he's about to cry.

Oh.

Belle wasn't too focused on Asher's well being. Or how his eyes held bags heavier than her school books. Or how he has messier hair than ever before and he looks like he hasn't had a decent amount of sleep in weeks.