Chapter 19: Crimson Sheets

Chloe's POV:

Jesse and I went in the ambulance with Beca, he needed someone there with him, and to be honest I wanted to stay with Beca (even though she doesn't know that we're there). Jesse has managed to contain the tears and so have I, but I can tell this is killing him inside, its hard to get over that your girlfriend, the love of your life was in so much pain that she wanted her life to end that badly. Ive managed to stay strong, well I have to, Jesse needs someone to lean on and I'm here for him. His hand is laced in Beca's and her gently rubs his thumb across her hand. He gazes at her, you can tell how much this hurts him, its practically written across his face in big, bold letters. A big part of his life is slowly slipping away from him.

I feel the need to say something, but nothing will make this situation any better, Everything's gonna be fine, how the hell do I know, I'm here for you, yeah no shit I'm sitting right next to him, shes going to be okay, I have know frickin clue, but I wish I could say that. See, everything that I could possibly say will just make the situation worse. Hey, she might die but don't worry at least it's not you. Yeah don't say that, she won't die, she only lost of little blood (massive understatement).

I have to do something, this is just awkward, I feel like Im intruding on them. Omg Chloe just do something! I place my hand on his arm. He looks at me and weakly smiles. "Thanks Chlo, I couldn't go through all of this without you." He said faintly "I don't know what I would do if I had to do this alone," he continued.
"Shes my best friend, I would never leave her side, and I would never leave yours especially in a horrible situation like this," I say, I look over at Beca in her unconscious state then look back at Jesse, I look into his puffy, brown eyes and say "I would never let you go through this alone," I smile, he smiles, I think I said the right thing.

Jesse's POV:

I'm glad Chloe is here. I look over at Beca she has a blanket over her leaving the neck up exposed, but her small hand poked through the side giving me the opportunity to hold it. Something catches my eye. I look at the blanket to see red soaking through it. Oh God. I tap Chloe to get her attention. I stand up even though the vehicle is still moving. Gulp. I gently remove the blanket from her precious body, and at that moment I knew Beca's not going to be okay.

"Holy shit Jesse!" Gasped Chloe as she sprung to her feet in shock.
"Oh God, we better be close to the hospital," I say trying choke down the tears. I glance towards Chloe to see her eyes starting to fill up, I quickly pull her towards me into a hug. I just stare at Beca. She has lost more blood, what were once white sheets, were now covered in it, the blood that Beca needed to survive.

A/n:
Sorry for the short chapter. Im gonna try to write and upload another one tonight, even though it's new years eve. Hope u liked it xxx.
P.s if u don't get the title, crimson is another word for red. (I put this just in case)
P.p.s yes that picture is Anna Kendrick and Joseph Gordon-levitt's hand in 50/50