Chapter 7 "Facade"

Chapter 7 "Facade"

Natsume and I sat across each other at the small table in his kitchenette. My day-off was over, as far as I know and today I go back to work. Maybe if I talk to everybody at the office, I would find a place to stay tonight – because seriously, I'm feeling more and more awkward by the minute! I couldn't sleep properly last night because I keep on breathing his scent! NATSUME HYUUGA'S SCENT. Damn it, it was everywhere! Whenever I tossed and turned I keep on inhaling him! It was like the smell of a regular guy-perfume...only milder and more seductive and more Natsume-ish.

Inwardly, I groaned. Maybe it was some kind of poison he was using to mess with my fragile, oh-so-small-for-my-own-good brain.

I scoop a spoonful of milk from my bowl of cereal and pour it back again, literally playing with my food as I slowly look up to have a quick glance at the person accross of me.

"You're acting insane again," he quietly noted.

I felt blood rush to my cheeks. "Stupid idiot! What the heck are you talking about?" I shot back.

Natsume raised one eyebrow. "I am called a 'stupid idiot'. What do you call yourself, then?" he countered coolly.

I gritted my teeth and quickly stood up, not bothering to finish my food. "I'm using the bathroom now," I said, irritated.

Natsume chuckled silently at my descent. I could hear his footsteps behind me as I headed to my bags to get my towel and clothes. He crouched to the ground a few moments after I did. I inhaled, breathing his scent again. Almost automatically, I stopped breathing.

"You have to remember," he whispered playfully unto my ear. "You owe me a favor."

Okay, I think my heartbeat stopped, too.

Natsume stood up before anything else in my body stops. I hustled to grab my things before I faint in front of him.

I could feel Natsume smirk from beside me, even though I couldn't see him. I then hurried to the bathroom door.

I heard him chuckle again.

It was an insanely seductive chuckle.

..x*x..

I trailed behind Natsume to the inside of Flame. From around me, I could feel shocked gazes and low whispering. Hell! These people are probably thinking about the reason both of us were absent yesterday! And by this time, of the so many employees checked in at Alice Hotel, news about me staying at Natsume's room for two consecutive nights must've already reached every single nosy person in this building – or worse, all of the Flame branches!

I walked inside the elevator after Natsume did with my head bowed down in embarrassment. I suddenly felt someone nudge my elbow. I raise my head up, only to find Misaki-senpai grinning at me. I glare at her in return, but her grin only grew wider.

I slap her shoulder lightly. "Could you stop that look? It's killing me, you know!" I said, ranged, in a low voice.

Senpai looked around, as if to talk to somebody who isn't there. "Yeah, if only looks could kill," she said mockingly. Then she whispered to my ear, "Fill me in with the juicy details later!" – at that, she got out on her destination floor.

I felt my cheeks become warm, noticing that all of the people in the elevator was staring at us. I glanced at Natsume. He seemed oblivious...or maybe he was purposely pretending not to notice.

When the elevator doors opened on our floor. I decided not to trail behind Natsume, which will cause too much of those unwanted attention. And so, I walked past him and to my table.