Chapter 3 "Judgement"

"Good morning, Mikan!"

"Good morning," I say, without turning my head to who ever it was greeting me at that time. God, this morning was such a hassle!

I enter Natsume's office without bothering to knock, holding a cup of hot coffee in my hands. I walked swiftly to my table and placed the cup, before I break it with my clumsy hands.

"Here's your coffee," – I twitched – "...Sir."

Natsume, who seemed to be amused whenever he sees it was difficult for me to address him with respect, just smirked. It was about a week before I started working at Flame, the biggest and longest-running company in all of Japan. Though, I wouldn't consider to ever being lucky to work here since I ended up being his secretary. And by 'his', I mean Hyuuga Natsume, the manager of the Tokyo branch and the president of all Flame Corporation branches.

"Is there anything else I could get you?" I said halfheartedly, turning my back to him.

"No, there isn't," he said as I heard papers flipping from behind me.

I rolled my auburn eyes as I walked out of his office, sighing.

"Looks like you haven't gotten along with him, have you?" Yakako noted.

"You can tell?" I said sarcastically.

"Haven't you really?" said Misaki Harada, one of my seniors. "I heard from Guard-san that he slept in your room!"

I opened my mouth to object, but all the people who heard shot me with bemused expressions murmuring to each other how Sakura Mikan had been fast and all.

I just groaned, ignoring them. Stupid people, I knew what they were thinking! Stupid guard, stupid boss! EVERYTHING in the world seems to be stupid, since nobody is ever INTELLIGENT enough to figure out that I would never be caught with THE DOING with HIM!

I sat at my desk, which was outside his office and stared into space blankly.

"Do you know about the people managing the other branches?" I turned to Yakako, changing the annoying topic.

"Oh, YES! Two of them about the same age as you and Mr. Hyuuga!" Misaki-senpai said, smiling at me.

Yakako nudged her and answered me. "Managing the Kyoto branch is Nogi Ruka and with the Okinawa branch is Imai Hotaru. Both of them are as far as we know, since they're both pretty close to Mr. Hyuuga's age."

I turn my head to Natsume's office and noticed somebody coming in.

"At first we thought Imai-san might be his girlfriend..." Yakako trailed off.

"...but it looks as if fate was waiting for you after all!" Misaki-senpai whispered to my ear.

I shook my head. "Oh, shut up," I murmured. I was suddenly surprised when his face went into my mind.

"You liked it, didn't you?"

I felt all the blood rush into my face. OH, SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! WHY DO YOU KEEP ON POPPING INTO MY MIND LIKE THAT?

"Um...Sakura-san."

I turn my head immediately. "I SAID SHUT UP!"

My eyes widened at my sudden reaction. Before me was the terrified office mate that just came from Natsume's office.

"S-s-sorry," he stammered. "M-Mr. Hyuuga wanted t-to t-t-t-talk to you..." Upon that, he ran off.

Misaki whistled from behind me. "'Atta go, Girl!"