No Longer Hidden- Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-Five

~~Nina's Point Of View~~

I laid draped over Daemon's chest. My hand tracing the small delicate swirls through his thick, dark chest hair. Feeling the way his chest expanded and contracted with each of his breaths as he breathed in and out. A steady rhythm keeping me from thinking about anything beyond this moment.

Beyond the sated and glorious feeling that always followed our marital bliss.

And I wasn't the only one trancing swirls on the other person's body. Daemon was doing the same thing to my bare shoulder with the lightest touch of his index finger. His eyes closed and his other arm behind his head. The picture of content.

He would be the full picture of being perfectly content besides the rigidity of his shoulder muscles. Even in the aftermath of our rampant night of love making we'd finished after the umpteenth time together, he was still tense with what was coming once dawn broke free from the horizon in the east. The most deadly and future defining moment in all our lives. The moment when all our future will be either crushed forever or brighter than ever before.

Daemon exhaled a long breath. "I wish we could stop time and just stay right here." His finger stopped trancing my skin and then his palm was heating my chilled shoulder that he'd been drawing swirls on.

I lifted my head and rested my chin against his hard chest. His eyes remained closed as I stared up at him for a few breathes. "I feel the same way. Anything could happen out there on the battlefield."

His brows furled together before he opened his eyes to look at me. The coloring to his eyes shifting to his more regal wolf side that he had now. He wasn't fully the full sapphire wolf eyes that I had as the born royal, but it was still amazing to see the bright blue centers around his irises. "All I want to do is throw you over my shoulder and carry you far, far away from all this. Hide you away in a cave somewhere and just forget about the whole world."

Lifting up my hand, I moved up his chest till I stared down into his eyes with my hand resting against his cheek. Our breathes mingled softly together as we were so close to each other. The light of his regal wolf losing some of its light. A dazed sort of look slipped into its place. The power that I had over him when we were so close to each other.

Not saying I wasn't feeling a little hooked and intoxicated by being so close to him. Of course I just wanted to just stay right here and be completely lost in his gaze as he seemed to me with mine. But that wasn't part of our grave time that was approaching on us.

"If only we could." A part of me longing to hide away till the world becomes right again, but that couldn't be. "When it's all over with. When this damn war is finally over, I'll let you do just that if you wish."

He sighed heavily and closed his eyes. His hands moving till he held me against his chest in a loving embrace. His strong arms encircling me. "I want to be greedy and selfish. I want to steal you away and make love to you till you carry my child." His arms tightened. "This waiting is so hard."

I laid my cheek on his shoulder. "It's always fun practicing, but I want to not practice anymore. I want to be able to give you a little prince or princess running around."

"We could end up with both." I felt his smile as he kissed my hair. "Multiples happen in both our families."

Now the sigh came from me. Daemon kissed my hair again, this time to ease me. "Just too many responsibilities and too many people depending on us to end this war. The whole world needs this war to be over."

His sigh was just as deep and powerful. "And I wouldn't ask that of either of us as our honor wouldn't let us run away from this fight." I nodded to him because he was right. A royal's honor was very important to every wolf out there. To lead, they must trust and respect you. Without honor, no wolf could trust their leader completely. It was what I had to maintain to keep everyone following me to the end of this war. So much and so many people are riding on our honor.