Chapter 11: No Drama

It was sort of reassuring that there was no longer any conflict between Dan and I. All that stuff had my heart on edge.

We were friends now, even though I still occasionally wish we were a couple. But it's the best decision right now, at least.

Jack and Alex are ok aswell, which is great since Jack is in a much better mood. You'd think if they sort of hugged it out for hours in my bedroom at 4 in the morning they'd be fine, right? Yeah, that was a confusing night or, er, morning.

Nonetheless, I feel relieved now that I can finally focus on what matters. Dan's fangirls. Just kidding. It's actually school, but Dan's fangirls are pretty crazy.

I got water ballooned in the library, of all places, because he had hugged me before we parted for curricular activities and all the girls went berserk. (Grew devil horns, I mean.)

So yeah, completely ruined my favorite sweater that day. But anyway, besides the point, Dan and I are friends. And ugh, how I literally despise that word. But I have no choice. "Litrally." (haha, get it?).

"(Name), I'm so glad we're friends now...phew, that was hectic."

Yeah...friends. Wait, what?

"Friends?"

He nodded, his caramel eyes gleaming as he smiled. I can't reject those eyes...and that boyish smile. Darn.

"Haha, Yeah, friends."

See what I mean? I could have denied it. Could have, being the keyword there. But seriously, a girl is utterly useless against that smile. And those eyes. Ahem. Sorry.

"(Name), I'm bored. Please, let's do something."

Oh yeah. I totally forgot to explain what was happening now. The very own caramel eyed boy was lying on my bed, his head hanging upside down and his hair tumbling over my duvet. Dan and I had grown a pretty strong bond over the past month so we had started hanging out with each other. It was winter break, so snow was pouring down outside and Dan had been trapped here for a few days.

Don't worry. He's been staying in the guest room, but usually sneaks into my room after the lights go out and we spend it giggling about nothing and listening to Muse. It's a good system.

Plus my record player hasn't been used as much and im sure it's enjoying the attention.

I turned my head towards Dan's, our foreheads touching before he made a snide comment, "we're so close, yet so far, (Name)," which made me giggle and turn away.

"Just let me finish this page."

In the corner of my eye I watched him pout, his eyes getting big and puppy dog like.

Oh no. Not this face.

"But (Name), pwetty pwease?"

An even bigger oh no. Have you ever heard a British boy talk like a baby? It's torture. And Dan's voice just has to be already adorable.

Yep, I'm dead.

"Nope. I told you to let me finish this page."

His frown deepened and his voice turned whiny, "but you said that last time!" (so me XD)

"So?"

I said it just to hear his voice again. I found myself doing that a lot, not to exactly listen to his reaction, but the sound of his voice always astounded me. And it often lulled me into a state of bliss.

He made a whining noise again, Louder this time. What happened next I can't say I expected. His slender fingers wrapped against the spine of the book and he ripped it from my grasp.

I turned around, nostrils flaring and he smiled. A smug smile. He knew he had gotten what he wanted. Something to do.

And as soon as I got up, we both knew what was about to happen. A mad chase.

He tumbled through my doorway with the book, sprinting down the hallway and sliding into the kitchen. I smiled, running after him and knocking him down on the floor.

"Give it back!"

"Why?"

"Because!"

"Because why?"

"Because I want to read it...that's why!"

He knew it wasn't true. I mean, the book was great, but Dan knew I'd rather spend time playing Sonic or whatever with him.

I stopped fighting the brunette, defeated, and smiled down towards his sloppy chestnut head of hair.

"You're ridiculous, Howell."

"And you're adorable, (Last name)."

I felt my face heat up. Dan often did this. He would randomly call me cute or beautiful. I was starting to actually get used to it, but being called gorgeous when you're eating isn't something anyone can really get accustomed to.

We shared another smile before I climbed off him and stood completely upright. Dan joined me, and I leaned over the stove towards the cupboard. Maybe we could make cupcakes? I know, random. Hey, we can't just not do anything now that that's happened.

But have I ever mentioned that I'm shorter than the cupboard. No? Well I am. And reaching for it is quite the challenge. So, of course, savior of damsel in distresses's, decided to come up and help me reach for the box I had been aiming for.

His back pressed against mine and I froze. I realized that our skin was only blocked by the clothing my hoodie and his t-shirt provided, my cheeks blushing at the mere thought.

Dan grabbed said box, handed it to me, and looked into my eyes in all seriousness. He bit his lip, looked away, then looked down at my mouth.

"Oh. Forget the bloody friendship."

I didn't know what he meant until his lips pressed against mine and I felt the familiar, but not familiar, emotions of his kiss.
His lips were as soft as I remember, and as warm, too. I found myself smiling, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

His arms laced around my waist, holding me flush against his form. As close proximity our bodies were, the kiss was surprisingly gentle.

It ended in the exact time it started, but was satisfying enough for now.

We both looked at each other, orbs gazing into orbs, and I felt like I was alive. I felt like I was on cloud nine.

Dan grinned, feeling the same as he leaned in for a quick peck. His orifices got serious again and he looked me directly in the eyes, his mouth forming a straight line.

"(Name), I can't be friends any more. I'm sorry, but my feelings can't be shunned any longer. I like you...a lot. And I'd like it if you were to...to be my...well, to be my girlfriend."

I don't know exactly what happened next, but I know I was nodding my head off, chanting yes over and over, and then those plush lips pressed against mine once again.

I guess they're may be no drama, but now there's a new type of friendship, and this time I liked the word friend.