Chapter 3: Friday Night?

I sat on a bench outside, snow crunching underneath my bottom as I plopped down against the wood. I held my hands out, my skin catching the cold flakes spiraling through the air.

I found myself giggling at the way they melted against my palms. It was always cool how something could be deteriorated by something else.

My ears perked up as I heard the doors of the school close and I turned my head towards the noise. My breath hitched in my throat.

Dan stood there, snowflakes catching his chestnut hair and his eyes looking darker than usual. He had been looking at me, so when our eyes met, my cheeks flared up.

He was looking at me...me?!

What do I do? Say something (Name). I began to panic. What if he's noticing how ugly I am? What if he thinks I'm pathetic? Am I drooling?!

He smiled that smile, crinkles forming around his eyes and dimple showing like he knew how much I was struggling inside.

I felt my toes curl. Gross, ew (Name)! Stop staring!

My heart beat sped up. I didn't know what to do. I had been so lost in him that I didn't realize he had sat down beside me until he said something.

"Aren't you cold?"

I could feel my face grow even more red than it most likely was. I definitely was not cold. "Uh...no, not really."

Good job, loser. He chuckled anyway, that adorable laugh girls love, looking forward and tucking his hands in his pockets.

"You have a good voice, you know."

At that moment, the entire world could practically see my lungs die right inside of my body. No way he had heard me in the hallway.

"W-what?"

He chuckled again, an adorable laugh that if I were standing up, I'm sure my knees would have buckled.

"I said I like your voice, that song sounded beautiful, (Name)."

He knew my name. He knew my name! I couldn't focus on anything besides his eyes, and I realized it was starting to get incredibly awkward. And realization hit that this is the first time I've ever been this close to him.

"Oh. Uh. I thought I was alone. Sorry."

The corners of his lips pulled up and he once again looked off into the distance, "do you want to get some coffee or something, it's kind of getting cold just sitting out here."

Wait....

This is not happening. He's asking me out.

(Name) of course he's not asking you out, we literally just started talking!

Okay, breathe. Don't mess this up.

"Sure, I could go for some hot chocolate."

Nailed it! Sort of...

He smiled and got up, brushing the snow off his bum and I couldn't help but catch a glance. Aye, don't judge me.

I stood up before my mind could wonder off into the secret files of Dan hidden in that empty spot of my brain where all my dark fantasies hide.

I grabbed my bag and we started walking off. Why did I agree to this. Oh yeah, because I'm a twat, that's why.

"So, do you have any ideas for the project?"

I turned my head and looked at him, realizing just how tall he actually was. Again, my cheeks starting burning with an all too familiar warmth.

"Not really, it'd be easier to do it on someone, you know. I mean..not like, do the project on someone, I meant the subject could be done on them-"

Something warm pressed against my lips.

What...

Wait......

No. Fricking. Way.

He pulled away, his eyes lingering on my lips before he smirked.

I couldn't speak, there was no air entering my lungs at that moment. He had just kissed me.

Dan Howell had just kissed me.

My head began spinning with all of this happening too fast. He didn't know me. How could he do something like that to a stranger. I think he noticed my confusion.

"I needed to get you to stop ranting somehow, it was the first thing that came to mind, sorry..."

Hues of pink spread across his face, not just from the cold. All of my thoughts went away and I don't know what got into me, but I placed my hands on his cheeks and pulled him to me, my lips colliding with his. This was crazy. Yolo...? No, that was weird.

You know when someone says that when you kiss someone, it's no big deal and that fireworks aren't real. To hell with that.

Fireworks blew up behind my eyes, and I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me to him tighter. I ran my fingers through his hair, my lungs aching for oxygen.

Kissing has always been so complex to me, I just moved my lips along with his in a nice flow. It wasn't too hard.

Finally my mind caught up, and I pulled away abruptly, looking up at him.

His hair was stuck out in different places, and his lips were a nice swollen pink.

"I..."

Tears filled my eyes. This was too much for my heart to take.

"I have to go!"

This was not a normal Friday night.

(This story sucks, I need to learn to write. Anyway, hope some of you enjoyed it! Thanks so much!)