Chapter 38: Battlefield

Start from the beginning

Me: “I am away from your lives, are you on crack? I left you guys and I haven’t been in contact with you guys, until today” 

Lauren: “Look cause of you Sid left me, now your going to pay for it”

Me: “I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING, LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR PROBLEMS”

Lauren “Just make sure your kids are safe, you know wouldn’t want anything happening to them” 

Me: “Your threats don’t scare me” 

Lauren: “Its not a threat, if I can hire someone to kill you, I can do it again” 

Before I could respond she hung up on me. I wish I could have killed her, why was she still dragging me into their problems, I had nothing to do with their lives anymore. I couldn’t stop thinking about her threat, she was physo and she could do anything, I couldn’t risk Justin and Sabrina’s lives, they were all I had left. And suddenly a thought just flashed throught my mind, Jace was more vunerable, he was in Pittsburgh. My heart ached, my kids were in danger and it was all Sid’s fault. I had to ensure their safety. I wasn’t thinking straight and I dialled Sid’s number. Sid picked up pretty quickly. 

Phone Convo:

Sid “Hello”

Me: “Sid tell your wife to stay away from my kids they have nothing to do with the fights between you guys”

Sid: “Jessica is that you? Where are you?”

Me: “It doesn’t matter where I am, just stay away from me and my  kids, we don’t need you, we moved on”

Sid “Jessica, I don’t know what Lauren said to you but don’t believe her”

Me: “She threated me, she blood thirtsy, If anything happens to my kids, I won’t forgive you Sid, just stay out of our lives, and solve what ever happened between you and lauren, I don’t need it affectiong my kids”

Sid: “There my  kids as well, where are you? Jace misses you come back”

Me: “You don’t need to know where we are, just stay away from us, we moved on, I’m married and I’m happy, let me be. I’m never coming back Sid, I hate you for what you did to me, I never ever want to see you again.  Don't even come near my body, when I die"

I hung up on him before he could say anything more. I didn’t need him, or I thought I didn’t. He had hurt me and he thought I only loved him for his money but that was never true, he couldn’t control my life anymore, and I had to lie about me being married or he wouldn’t leave me alone. It was the only was to ensure he left my life for good. I couldn’t get Jace off my mind, Lauren could do anything to him, I wanted to go to Pittsburgh but to only to bring him here. But if I went to Pittsburgh, Sid would force Justin and Sabrina to stay with him. Our love felt like a battlefield, one minute we were madly in love and the other we hated each other and wanted to stay far away from each other as we could. 

Sid’s POV: The doctors were examining Jace, when I got a phone call from Jessica, I was so glad to hear her voice but everything shattered real quick. She had moved on, she had been married, but to who? Was what I really wanted to know. Her words periced my heart when she told me she hated me. Lauren was threating her and I knew Jessica was worried about the kid’s safety, like I was. Jace was more vunerable, since Lauren was in Pittsburgh, I had to make sure I kept him safe and not to let him out of sight. I wanted to be with Jessica but it wasn’t possible anymore, she had moved on, and there was no way she would forgive me. I just had to get use to life without her and it was going to be brutal. One minute it was love then suddenly a battlefield. There was nothing left, everything was lost between us and I was the one to blame. I left the hospital, and made sure Malkin was with Jace, I had to get away for a couple of hours.