Flowey X Reader

For BloodyWaffles

---!---

You carried Flowey into your room, you had been living in the ruins with Toriel who had practically adopted you, and decided to put Flowey in a pot so he didn't get into trouble.

You hated Flowey, but still you brought him in to your home and took care of him. Why did you do this? You hated the flower... Or so you told yourself. The voices in the back of your mind would disagree if you listened to them.

Flowey had always been there, right from the beginning. It was almost comforting to know that no matter what happened he would be there. Not that you'd admit it.

"You think bringing me in here is going to make me like you? What an IDIOT! I don't need your hospitality. I'd be fine out on my own." He said in his little angry voice. You decided to ignore him and see what that did.

You started to tidy up your room a bit, you had a lot of things that you had found along the ruins when exploring, it was one of your favorite things to do.

Flowey waited for your reaction to his words. "Come on you're giving me the silent treatment now? How childish." He grumbled. You smiled to yourself as his complaints got quieter.

You picked up a magazine of a robot with a microphone. The robots name was Mettaton. On the inside was just pictures of Mettaton in different outfits and poses. The magazine also included three lifesize posters.

"Just give it up already..." Flowey said after about five minutes of silence. You still said nothing. Flowey almost seemed disappointed. "Please?" He asked hesitantly.

"Why so you can just insult me? No thanks." You told him, still not looking at him. He was quiet for a second. You moved some bones that someone continued to leave at the entrance to the ruins to a little chest you had.

"If you hate me so much why did you bring me here?" He asked. You stopped moving for a second, but you didn't know what to say, so you stayed silent and continued to clean.

"Fine don't answer. I bet you are just doing it to try and help me or something. Well your plan isn't going to work it's pretty stupid just putting me in a pot. You're just lonely, you don't have anyone, Toriel probably just feels sorry for you-"

"SHUT UP!" You scream at the flower. You stand breathing heavily. Flowey looked very startled at your outburst, what he had said hit somewhere deep inside you.

"You afraid I'm right? That-"

"I SAID SHUT UP YOU STUPID WEED!" You scream. You threw a bone at him but missed by about three feet due to rage.

"I SHOULD HAVE STOMPED ON YOU WHEN I FIRST SAW YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST A WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH!" Flowey looked hurt for a second but then his face twisted into a horrible face of rage.

"DO IT THEN! STOMP ON ME!" Flowey yelled. You advanced on him, he didn't try and stop you. He just sat there with an expression that said "I dare you."

"KILL ME! THROW ME AGAINST THE WALL!" He screamed. You picked up his pot and then stopped. You couldn't kill Flowey. You just couldn't.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! WHY DON'T YOU KILL ME?!" He yelled, being up close to him you could see... Tears...? In his eyes...

"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME DIE?!" His voice cracking. His head drooped and he looked defeated. "WHY. WON'T. YOU. KILL. ME?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" You held a hand over your mouth as you held Flowey in your other hand. You hadn't meant to say that, but you meant it. Flowey looked at you and his face changed back to his regular face except more serious. It flickered to Asriel's face for a second and then back.

"I- I..." Flowey seemed at a loss for words. He was looking down and you just knew he would use this against you yet you didn't try and convince him otherwise.

Tears started to form in your eyes. You put him down and started to walk to the door, you had your hand on the handle when a vine wrapped around your wrist. Flowey pulled you back to him.

He held you there for a second, looking down, he swallowed although flowers generally can't do that, and looked into your eyes. You wanted to look away but your eyes wouldn't move.

"I love you too." He whispered, he let you go and you just stood there. He turned red and awkwardly averted his eyes to anything but you. You walked up to him and hugged him the best you could without crushing him.

He wrapped his vines around you in a hug. You smiled and felt a tear fall on your hair, you pulled away to see Flowey crying. "I always was a bit of a crybaby." He laughed.

"I have loved you from the beginning but I didn't know... I forgot what love was. I only knew hate and pain. Thank you." He said softly.

"For what?" You asked. "I've been so horrible to you, and yet you fell in love with me. You showed me that I could still love, even as a flower."

"You've always been there. No matter what happened you were there and that is why I fell in love with you." You told him.

Flowey smiled, a genuine smile. "I'm sorry for trying to kill you." He said in a sheepish voice. You laughed and the smell of cinnamon and butterscotch filled the room.

"You want some pie?" You asked Flowey.

"I'd love some."

---!---

I hope you like it!

Goodbye Darlings.
~Mettauthor