chapter 34

Poe took him to the medical wing where he placed him on a bed as the doctors came.

"Can you help him?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"We'll do what we can," they replied.

I turned to Poe who was just walking out the room. "Where are you going Poe?"

"To get some guards to guard this room."

I rolled my eyes. "He's not dangerous."

Poe sighed. "I'm sorry Siena, i just don't want anyone else to die by his hands."

I frowned and shrugged, their mistrust was valid. Besides, Ben would be safer with guards. I'm not sure how he'll react when he wakes up. Especially when he sees his mother.

Poe stuck his head through the door. "Leia's here, should i let her in?"

I nodded and minuets later Leia walked through the door.

"Hi," i said, avoiding eye contact.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

I looked at Ben, where the doctors were working on him. The wound on his chest was visible and there was blood everywhere.

"I don't know."

We waited in silence, out eyes always on Ben.

"I'm sorry," i said after a while.

"None of this is your fault Siena. You did what you could," she said.

"But it wasn't enough. I couldn't stop him from being stabbed. I couldn't stop him from betraying us. "

"But you saved him, Siena. You brought him home."

I nodded. "I'm sorry i couldn't bring him home sooner."

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder and looked round to see Leia holding me. I leaned on her shoulder.

"He thinks you wont accept him. That you'll turn him away."

"No," she said. "I would never. Not my son. No Ben."
We waited foe awhile longer before the doctors had finished.

"We've done all we can," they said. "He'll live, he'll be fine."

"Thank you," me and Leia both said as the left, leaving us three alone.

Leia moved over to sign in the chair by his bedside. "Ben," she whispered as she tenderly stoked his hair. "You've grown so much my son."

I saw there were tears in her eyes and turned away to give her some time alone with her son, but i still heard her whispering to him. "You're home, Ben, you're home," she said.

"Siena," Leia called me over and i sat beside her as Ben began to stir.

His eyes groggily opened and fixed on mine. "Siena," he said.

"Its okay Ben," a reassured him. "You're home."

He turned to Leia and i saw tears in his eyes. "Mum, im so sorry," he whispered. I love you."

She hugged him tightly, trying to avoid the wound on hid chest. "Ben, don't go again, stay with us, please."

"I will mum," he cried as his mother held him tightly. "I wont leave you again. I'm so sorry."

"Shh, Ben, whats done is done, lets not talk about it now."

I sat beside them watching with a small smile on my face until the door was slammed open.

"I-i'm sorry to interrupt," a resistance fighter stood at the door. "But the first order is coming. They're almost here. "