Then it Hit Me

As I lay in bed, waiting for my mom to finally say "wake up", it hit me. Here I am wasting my life away when I could go explore the world. Last summer I decided to take a chance and started working out. I'm not the thin, limp boy anymore. Well I kind of am but not so much. I actually have muscle and abs with the weird v that make smart girls stupid. I didn't let my hair grow out over the summer. I cut it so it was still shaggy but not shoulder length. My dirty blonde hair and brown eyes made every girl swoon. I smirked as I saw myself in the mirror.
"Hey there beautiful." I winked at myself but then suddenly my eyes went sad. I don't know why they do that. I stared at my shirtless self and finally laid back down on the bed. I looked to see what time it was, 5:57. Grabbing my phone, I played some music. I grabbed some black jeans and a shirt and started getting dressed. I know it sounds pathetic, but I don't have enough money to buy a motorcycle so I drive a murdered out jeep that belonged to someone in the "family". It's just as cool though. I decided to leave quietly out the window and got into the jeep. I felt around my pockets and realized I forgot the key. My head hit the steering wheel before I got out of the vehicle and back through my window. Sometimes being on the first floor pays off. Sneaking around the house, I saw the keys and took them. I walked back to the door of my room when someone stopped me. Blaine was sitting on my bed like she always does. She was eight now and knew better than to mess with me. She just happens to not be bothered by me and it's aggravating.
"What are you doing?" She asked me.
"I'm going out." I walk over to the window with one leg out.
"Are you gong to see your girlfriend?" She was smiling, trying to get under my skin.
"No. I'm just going to ride around. Why are you up anyway?" I questioned with a tint of anger. I was outside now.
"I'm coming with you." She stood up and started climbing out the window.
"No." I said firmly.
"Yes." She said back.
I pushed up against the wall with my hands beside her head.
"You will not come with me. Understand? If you just happen to take another step towards my car," I laughed. "You know what will happen." I saw a tear fall down her cheek. I wiped it away and turned to my jeep. I put the key into the ignition and back out of the driveway. While driving around town, I figured I could go to the diner across from school for breakfast. It wasn't really a diner but everyone called it that. I was only about two miles from the diner when I heard sirens and flashing lights behind me. Oh great. I slow down and pull up on the curb of the road. This was the busiest part of the street for gods sake. The police officer knocked on my window and I rolled it down.
"Do you have any idea of how fast you were going?" He asked me.
"I do have an idea." I replied.
"Do you care to share?"
"Not really. I'm not big on sharing." I leaned back and let out a breath.
"You were going 60 when the speed limit is 45." He looked at me sternly.
"And?"
"I'm going to have to give you a ticket." He looked down at his note pad and started writing.
"Oh no, I'm good. You can keep it." The cop rolled his eyes. He handed me the paper.
"You better watch your speed, Jayden. This is the third time in the past six months."
"Will do." I sat up straight and gave a fake salute. He walked back to his car and drove off. I hated that man most of all. That cop is aggravating. I pulled onto the road and finally parked at the diner. I quickly pulled out a cigarette and it hit me. I remembered the first time I smoked one. It tasted disgusting at first but now I felt relieved. After a while, I threw it onto the ground and stepped on the little ember. Popping my collar on my black leather jacket, I pushed the door open but not before letting an elderly lady pass. Old people were so cute but don't tell anyone I said that. I sat down in an empty booth and picked up a menu. All they had was eggs and pancakes for breakfast. It'll do for now. A boy came over and I grimaced.  I was hoping that a cute girl would come over. He looked about my age with the same blonde hair but his was cut short and he was more built. I wonder why he looked familiar. Then it hit me. He was Josh from elementary school. I chuckled to myself.
"I'll have the only thing you serve for breakfast with a water with lemon." I handed him the menu and he walked off without saying a word.
"Oh, and it's nice seeing you Josh." I said with a smirk. He turned around and gave me a dirty look. I bet he is still having trouble finding a girlfriend. Josh returned with my food minutes later.
"Here." He dumped the plate of food onto the table with the cup of water still in his hands.
"Thanks." I said slowly. He looked exhausted, probably worked last night too. I stood up and took his apron and wrapped it around myself. He looked at me confused and I told him to sit down.
"I know what it feels like to be exhausted. Eat the food and take a nap. I'll take over your shift."
"I can't let you do that." He tried to stand up but I pushed him back down and continued to the kitchen. I ended up staying the rest of the day and skipped school. I got three phone numbers, a lot of glares, a ton of smiles from the elderly, and a job as a waiter. Today was an exceptional day considering I was in a bad mood. I guess it was a sorry for all the nameless things I did to Josh. I feel like my mom would want me to change but it just doesn't feel right yet. I'm going to hold onto my bad boy reputation for just a little bit longer.