35. Unwavering Feelings

Akane POV
(Next Day ~ In the morning)

Compared to the practice matches that Nekoma had in the past, the matches happening now were on a whole different level. Nanami and I watch the current practice match taking place between Nekoma v.s. Fukurodani.

Fukurodani is known to be a top school and took second place in the recent Interhigh Preliminaries with their ace, Kotaro Bokuto, who's one of the top 5 in the nation. To see them play now against our team is unbelievable.

Not to mention, there's a female player with medium length black hair, named Haruka, who's also attending this training camp because she couldn't attend hers. At first when I heard she was going to join the boys' training camp, I didn't think she would be able to keep up but she's in par with them if not better than some of the players here.

I watch a tan hair boy from the other team spike the volleyball, but before it could go through Kuroo jumps up then blocks the spike.

Not a second too late, Haruka dives for the volleyball as fast as she can. "It's up!" Haruka shouts and their setter immediately sets the volleyball to Bokuto, who smashes it down.

"Wow! Haruka is so amazing to be playing with the guys!" I awe in amazement as I watch the practice match between Nekoma and Fukurodani.

I can never do something like that. I'm decent in PE at most but to play alongside the boys' volleyball team at ease like how she does is a feat of its own.

"That's true. It's crazy how she can keep up with their momentum. She's definitely a top player like Kuroo said," Nanami says in admiration.

After that point, Coach Nekomata switches out Kuroo with Lev so he could have a chance to be exposed to a real practice match on the court. Kuroo takes a seat down next to me and I hand him a water bottle.

He opens the water bottle and chugs the water down.

"Hmmm," Nanami purses her lips as she looks into the water jug. "I think we're running out of water, I'll bring a new jug in," she tells us then rushes out to get another one.

Once Nanami was gone, I turn to Kuroo and push his shoulder down so we would be at the same eye level.

"Is there something wrong?" Kuroo asks, confused by my sudden action.

"How do I look to you?" I ask.

Kuroo chuckles. "You're cute but not my type." He teases and I stare at him with a deadpan look.

"What I mean is am I acting like I usually do or am I not?" I clarify.

"Hmmm," Kuroo purses his lips as he scratches his chin . "To me, you seem like you're still acting the same except when you're around Kenma."

"Really... I see, you think the same thing too..." I mumble in deep thought.

Kuroo purses his lips. "To be honest, I didn't expect this kind of outcome to happen. I thought things would work out but Kenma is more stubborn than I thought," he mumbles under his breath.

"What did you say?" I question and he shrugs.

"Akane do you like Kenma?" Kuroo asks.

"Of course, even he doesn't like me I'll still like him," I sheepishly smile.

Kuroo chuckles. "That's good. Two peas in a pod really. He doesn't realize it but he can't leave you alone either so I'm glad you didn't give up on him."

I tilt my head confused by what Kuroo just said. Wait what did he just say? I couldn't read his lips well.

...