30. Upcoming Exams

Akane POV
(Few Days Later ~ After Class)

After the Inter-high preliminaries, it would have been nice if things could slow down a bit with just the practice match that Nekoma had yesterday but it's the exact opposite.

Exams are coming up and right after is the volleyball training camp. I stare at the notes that I wrote in class and sigh. I don't even know if I took good notes.

I copied down the whiteboard and only caught some of the words that the teacher said. Luckily I have Fukunaga in my class so I can ask him for the notes but I feel bad for asking him all the time.

To be honest, the real reason why I've been doing decent in school is because Aoi has always been taking his time to teach me but now he's a third-year getting ready for his exams.

I don't want to bother him especially when these exams are important for him to graduate and get into a good college.

I put my things in my bag and head out of class. I sigh.

Who should I ask for help?

"Hi there, your backpack is open," a girl with long light purple hair suddenly appears and I jerk back surprised.

I turn around and see that my backpack was open. "Oh, it is... thanks." I thank her as I zip my backpack closed.

I must have been so distracted that I didn't even realized I didn't completely zip my backpack.

"What's your name?" She happily asks me.

"Akane Yoshina" I answer. "What's your name?"

"Miyu Kawai. I'm in the class next door," she introduces herself to me.

"It's nice to meet you. Oh! Are you ready for exam? Are you studying with anyone?"

"I'm not sure at the moment," I tell her.

"Do you want to study together?" Miyu asks.

I don't really feel comfortable studying with someone who doesn't know that I'm deaf. Aoi has always been patient with me but I don't know if I can study with someone I barely know.

"I-" Before I can say anything, I notice someone next to me and see Kenma standing there.

"-- studying together," Kenma says.

Miyu mumbles something that I couldn't read then smiles. "That's ok! I hope we can talk again Akane," she turns to Kenma. "You're in my class, right? I hope we both do well in our exams."

"Sure," I smile and wave goodbye.

"Are you friends with her Akane?" Kenma ask.

I shake my head. "I'm not but she seems like a friendly person huh?" 

Kenma watches the girl leave. "... what's her name?"

"Miyu Kawai?" I answer confused.

Why does Kenma have a serious look on her face?

"But Kenma what did you tell her?" I ask.

"I told her that we're going to study together," Kenma answers.

My eyes widen. "W-We are???"

Kenma awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "Normally I study with Kuroo but he told me that Aoi, Yaku, Kai and him are going to study together," Kenma explains. "I know that normally you go to Aoi for studying exams so I thought you were free?" Kenma cutely tilts his head. "Is that ok?"

"I-It is! Yes, let's study!" I nervously answer.

Studying with Kenma! I can't believe it! More like I can't believe that he's the one asking!