Chapter 1- The Nightmare

[A/N] Heyoooo my readers!!!

I'm so sorry for the late update.  I had to unpublish this part cuz i had some few adjustments to make.
So this is the redoing of the first chapter of healing Aaron. I hope you enjoy it.

P.S if you have bad comments for the book, keep it to yourselves. If you don't like it then don't read it.

And a warning for y'all, don't copy any content in this story for the purpose of writing your story. So if you're gonna get it from me! So you better think twice before doing so -_-

Well, enjoy!

#iam_francy098
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter one

The room is dark. I can't see anything. Where am I? Suddenly I hear someone crying. It sounds like a little girl. I tried to find the source of the crying but darkness filled my eyes.
Then a door creaks open and a little boy steps into the room. He slowly shuts the door and walks to the direction of the little girl who appears to be the one who was crying moments ago. The little girl is dressed in dirty clothes and has bruises all over her body. But who are they? What am I doing here? The little boy sits on the floor beside the girl and turns on a flashlight. He places it on the wooden floor. It shows their little figures but I can't see their faces clearly. Everywhere is blurry in my sight.
"Hey, I brought some food for you. C'mon, eat." The little boy hands her the food.
"Thank you." She said as she collects the food and starts eating it without stopping like she hasn't eaten for days.
"Stop rushing it! You'll choke yourself." The little boy said as he hands her a bottled water.
She coughs and takes it from his hand. "Sorry. I'm just hungry."
The little boy picks up some toys and places it infront of her. "I brought some toys for us to play with. Which one do you like?" The little girl points at a teddy bear with a bow tied around it's furry head.
"This one."
"I like it too. What should we name her?"
"Mmm... Nana."
"Nana... that's a nice name." The little boy said.
As they were playing with the toys, the door swings open and a man steps inside. He looks like he is around his mid-40's and he seems to be very angry. He looks around the room and his eyes landed on the little kids. The two little kids are shaking in fear at the sight of the man.
The man carries something like a stick and steps toward them slowly.
"I told you not to come down here ever again." His voice sounded deep and frightening. "And you know when you disobey me..." He steps closer to the little boy, "...you have to face the consequences." But the man turns towards the poor little girl and was aiming to hit her with the stick. Why does he want to punish the girl? It's not her fault.
The little boy steps infront of the girl and starts to plead, "No, please I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He cried. "Please dad, don't hurt her. It's my fault. Please don't do this."
What's happening? How can he be so cruel? Argh!! My head hurts. The man shoves the boy out of the way and raises up the stick to hit the girl. No... no! Everywhere's turning dark. I hear screaming and crying. Stop! Please...
"Sarah, wake up."
I hear a voice calling my name. But where is it coming from?
"Sarah, wake up!"
I woke up, my eyes wide open. I looked around, I was in my room. Then I spotted my mum seated at the side of my bed, holding my hand with a concerned look on her face. I was sweating profusely and breathing heavily. I had another nightmare, the same one that has been haunting me for years.
"It's okay sweetie, it's okay." My mum kept saying to my ear.
"Why do I always have the same nightmare over and over again?" And who are those little kids? I let out a shaky breath i realised i was holding and my mum's hold tightened around waist. I turned to look at the alarm clock on my sidetable. It's already 7 o'clock in the morning.
"Mum, i have to go wash up, don't wanna be late for work."
My mum, also known as Elisa released her hold on me. She placed her hand on my forehead. "You have a fever." She said,  a concerned look still on her face. "Are u sure you're okay to go to work today? You can't go out in this condition. Why don't u rest for today?"
"Mum, i'm fine. I've been through this a lot of times." Since my dad left us, I took the responsibilities to provide the needs of my family. Trust me, it's that not easy. I had to work in different places but the money I got wasn't enough. Then I met Dr. Carlson. He is a well-known psychiatrist. He helped me pull through and got me a job at his hospital. I studied psychology in Uni so it wasn't that hard for me to get used to the work. If not for him, I would have still been struggling now. I owe him alot.
I lifted the blanket off my sweaty body and walked towards the bathroom.
"Ok, whatever you say sweetie." Elisa made her way out of the room. "Breakfast will be ready soon!"
"Ok mum! I'll be down in a jiffry!" I walked into the shower and turned it on. The cold water ran through my bare skin making shivers to run through my spine. I was lost in my thoughts for a moment until a loud thud on my bathroom door drew me back to reality.
"Sarah! Hurry up and get your lazy ass out there! I don't wanna be late for practice!"
Oh, have I mentioned about my crazily sucked-up asshole twin brother, Darren? Probably not. He had always been mean to me since we were little and I still don't know why. Sometimes I ask him why but he just sends me a glare and doesn't answer but simply walks away! . Well sorry for asking!
"Well that lazy ass is gonna get shoved in your mouth if u don't shut up and get lost!" Sheesh! Why does he always have to ruin my mornings?! I wrapped a towel around my torso and one around my wet hair. I got out of the bathroom and went to my closet. I wore a grey cute sweater and a black pencil skirt which was slightly above my knee to go with it. I did my make-up and checked myself at the mirror. Nice! Checking the time on my watch, I gasp. it's already past 8:30! I have to be at work by 9!
I quickly grabbed my car key and rushed down the stairs but get hit by a hard chest.
"Hey! Watch where you're going doofus. Now let's go. I'm already late cuz someone had to take her precious time getting ready." He walked past me bumping me on my shoulder. I turned to look at him and rolled my eyes. Asshole.
"Aren't you guys gonna have your breakfasts?" Mum asked from the kitchen.
"No mum, we're running late. See you later!"
"Ok. Bye sweetie!"
I walked to my car and entered the driver seat. My brother entered the car after receiving a call. "Hey, why don't you allow me drive?"
"Because it's my car and I don't want you to drive it."
"And so? You're just being selfish." He mumbled.
I narrowed my eyes at him, "You better shut up or you'll be walking your way to your stupid practice. You're luck enough that i'm allowing you enter my car. So be grateful." I snapped at him. He snorted. What kind of twin brother is he? I asked myself. I ignored him and started the car. I reverse up the driveway and hit the road.
*Sigh* This is going to be a really long day for me.....

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

And that was the first chapter of Healing Aaron!!

Sooooo how was it?

What do you think of Sarah?

What do you think the dream meant?

And what do you think of Sarah's twin brother, Darren?

Next chapter, Aaron will be introduced but we'll not see much of him.

Well, i guess i will be doing weekly updates maybe once or twice a week.
So the next update will probably be this weekend.

Please don't hesitate to click the vote box and comment on the story.

That's the picture of Sarah on the media (i decided to use Victoria Justice as Sarah cuz i think she'll fit the role).

Happy New Year to y'all!!