I saw it before his hand came towards me, all I could think was I must've been having a nightmare, this couldn't be my James, he wouldn't do this to me. But as his hand made contact with my face I felt the sting of it run from my cheek through my body, I felt the tears running down my cheek. James was a lot bigger and stronger than me and I wasn't expecting it so it threw me off. I felt myself catching on the rug and fell face forward into the corner of my bed post, as I hit it I felt the searing pain of hitting my head, and the taste of blood in my mouth, before I could react, I lost consciousness.

*******************************************

We spent Sunday night in bed. We watched The Holiday and Shutter Island, eating popcorn and talking. We did miss most of the movies, as we had so much to talk about. I couldn't stop running my hands up and down his tight tanned chest and abs; kissing his soft, inviting lips. Scott seemed to be enjoying it just as much as I did, we were like a couple of sex starved teenagers.

After awhile we did lead to making love again but not after we had explored every scar, birth mark and freckle on each other's body and instead of asking about my scars he just kissed them.

The night was magical.

It was obviously Scott loved children, he wanted three of his own, one of each and one of whatever happened. He had a beach house or a beach shack as he called it. He was a dog person, but said that he didn't have time to spend with one and didn't think it was fair to have it tied up all the time. He loved mystery novels, Dan Brown was his favourite author.

We talked about what area of medicine I wanted to be in, it was either Emergency Medicine or Obstetrics, I was still undecided. My favourite author was Nora Roberts, especially when she combined her romantic with her thrillers. I wanted more children, I just wanted to wait until I had finished my residency. I was also a dog person and wanted a chocolate lab, but didn't have one for the same reason.

We had a lot of the same values and ideas, we felt that children should understand the value of money, just not be given it. That men and women should be equal, and housework and cooking shouldn't just be a woman's job. That we should help out the people in our own country before sending help overseas. We also had many more things we both felt the same about.

We continued to talk about little details in our lives, it was nice, I had never had a relationship where I felt this comfortable with any male before, or this safe.

We fell asleep with one of the movies still going and snuggled up, my head on Scott's chest with his arm protectively around me pulling me into him tightly.

************************

We woke early the next morning and made silent passionate love, desperately clingy to our last moments before we both knew I had to go home to my world, and our time together would be less, this weekend had been special and our opportunities to share a weekend alone would be few and far between.

Don't get me wrong I missed my munchkin more than words can express, but Scott filled a part of me that had been missing, for along time, or probably my whole life.

We showered together, not wanting to spend a moment apart. As we got dressed, we talked about where to go from here.

"This has been amazing Scott, but..."

"But? honey what's wrong?"

He pulled his t-shirt on and then pulled me into him and looked me direct in my eyes.

"This weekend has been so wonderful, but now I have to get back to reality, Lucy needs me, I'm all that she has. Between school, Lucy, I barley have time to do laundry, let alone a...relationship," I said as I looked down.

Scott took a hold of my chin and looked me directly in my eyes, "Phoebe, this weekend is everything I ever imagined and dreamed of. You are more beautiful than I could have dreamed of in every way possible. Every minute I spend with you, you only get more beautiful." I was blushing a bright shade of beetroot, but hanging on his every word. "I understand that Lucy comes first, I wouldn't want any less, and you're going to make an amazing doctor, which takes a lot of hard work. But I want to be there, even if it is just helping you do your laundry." God he was perfect, how could I say no to that?

I answered him by kissing him as hard and passionately as I could.

We had to leave shortly after, Lucy would be home in a few hours and my car was still at Jodi's.

Our goodbye was full of stolen kisses and hugs, and then finally I got out of the car. 

I turned back to Scott once more, "Call me after eight, ok? Lucy's normally in bed by then."

"Nothing in this world can stop me," Scott replied with the worlds biggest grin. God he was even sexier when he smiled, if that was even possible.

I walked up the steps to the front before I could run back to him, I turned and looked at him, blowing him a kiss before ringing the door bell and watched him driving off into the distance.

Thanks for Reading I know its soppy and theres a few mistakes but hope you enjoy it anyhow!