Chapter fifteen (unedited)

Sorry its taken me so long to upload! work and life have gotten in the way the next couple of chapters well be sporatic!

Chapter 15

Going to bed at night became like a chore, I would lie awake for hours scared to fall asleep. When I finally did wake up I would wake up in a cold sweat tangled in my sheets, hyperventilating with sobs that made me shake. The nightmares begun as horrible flash backs and turned into my munchkin being taken from me In the night by a black shadow hand that comes under the door in the dead of night taking her in her sleep for her never to be found again. If I ever lost her I wouldnt survive, my heart would surely break in two. Whenever I checked on Lucy she was aound asleep safe in her bed.

Now that the gate to hell had been opened, I don't know if I'll ever feel truly safe again.

The whole process was terrorfying, I had met with a lawyer the next day, Jodi came with me, It didn't seem right to get Scott involved in this mess he was an innocient bystander.

"Hello Miss Stone, please take a seat" she pointed to two chairs infront of a big mahogany desk.

"Thank you, this is my friend, Jodi." I said taking a seat.

"Now my name is Susan Remair, I am an attorney of child and family law. How may I help you?"

"Well it's a long story, but I need your help to protect my daughter."

"Well all I can do is promise to do my best, and all you have to do is give me all the information you can to do my job properly."

"Well here I go hope that pens a new one, It all started five year's ago....."

For the next 30minutes I told Susan my story I managed to hold it together and not shed a tear, but poor Jodi's hand must be broken.

"So that's my story, do you think I have a chance to stop the joint custody?"

"I can understand your hesitation  to let Mr Van de Blerk see your daughter, and your story is a compeling one, but I still feel Mr Van de Blerk has a strong case. Yes I understand that is hard to hear but as the case stands, as painful as this well be for you, you did not approach authorities after the aledged rape and you did not tell Mr Van de Blerk of your daughter. I know this is not what you want to hear but in the courts eyes and in Mr Van de Blerks lawyers view, he has every right to prove that he could make a good parent."

I was shaking, speachless, and I had most defiently broken Jodi's hand.

"Can I be a witness for Phoebe? I was there and I have been there since Lucy was born? James can NOT get anywhere near Lucy." 

"Yes, we well get to that in due time, but for now, I will do some background checks and gather the information I need for trial, there well be several more meeting before court, I will be in touch, Thank you both for attending." Susan stood up and we both shook her hand. 

******************************************************************

When I arrived at my Aunt's  it was, well the only words to describe it were sterile, cold. Aunt believed in order and everything had a place, in the big morden cold white walled rooms. Aunt set out the rules from day one, I was to get up at 6am, to do my morning chores, breakfast was at equally 730am, my tutor would be here till lunch, which was at 1230. then my tutor would finish my lessons and 2pm. The day would then continue as set out, there was no time for me no time to rest, just reading it made me tiered.

This order went on for the next weeks, one day Aunt found me lazing around in my sweats eating a bowl of cookies and cream icecream in bed, I think she almost had a conranary right there and then. My punishment was srubbing the bath tub, a 7 and a 1/2 month pregnant women srubbing a cast iron tub, surely I would be better of living under a bridge?

******************************************************************

Jodi came over with a bottle of wine and chocolate saturday night, just what I needed a good vino and a good friend. We spent a long time reminicing, talking about the days where the latest hermes bag was the highlight of our week. Something was a bit off though.

"Jodi whats going on you some a bit distracted, did something happen between you and Seth? Is everything ok?"

"Well yeah it did, but I didn't want to bring it up with everything that's going on......"

"Jodi what ever it is I'll always have time to listen, I'll always be here for you, so spill whats wrong?"

"Well..." she looked down then up again with a giant grin on her face "Seth asked me to marry him last night and I said yes!" 

"Oh wow Jodi, I'm so happy for you!" I leaped up hugging her tightly "Now where's the ring?"

She proudly showed me the 2 carat square cut anquie dimond that suited her perfectly

"It's stunning Jodi! Time for Champange!"

We poped the Champange and celebrated the good times in our life and forgot the bad for once.

Sorry its so short life is so hectic atm and am having writters block! Well defiently try to have a longer chapter this week! and thank you to my continued fans you are the reason I write! 

xoxo Lana

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN