Chapter six

Just wanted to dedicate this chapter to Leslie aka mccombsl249, your writing truly inspired me and well continue to inspire me in writing  and in life so thank u! I read Leslie's book "My Life In Your Eyes" cover to cover today, it made me cry and smile at the same time, it was my inspiration for this chapter, I highly recommend checking it ok! So Thanks!

Chapter six

The first time it happened, I was half an hour late, I was shopping with Jodi, the spring fling was coming up and we spent the afternoon trying on dresses, this was the first time I had a boyfriend to go with, James was treating me like a princess and I wanted to look like one too. As we left the mall and slid into my aqua blue custom Jeep, I checked my phone, it was still on silent mode from school. I had had a blonde moment and totally forgotten to turn the sound back on. I had twelve missed calls and nine text messages.

"Shit Jodi, someone's really been trying to get a hold of me!" I checked the calls, the first were all from James, at roughly four minute intervals. I checked the texts next.

'Hey baby, want to come hangout? I miss you.'

'Aww obviously not.'

'Where are you? I miss you?'

'Fine don't talk to me then.'

'Txt me please.'

'ANSWER YOUR PHONE.'

'WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?'

'WHO ARE YOU WITH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I'M GOING TO YOUR HOUSE.'

'YOU'RE NOT HERE EITHER, CALL ME AS SOON, YOU GET THIS.'

"Shit, Jods he sounds pissed, we better go!" Jodi read the texts over my shoulder and just sat back and turned up the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus song playing on the radio and stared out the window. I know Jodi thought James was just using me, but she didn't see him the way I did, when we were together he made me feel like I was the only person in the world, that I was beautiful inside and out.

We arrived outside my house to see James sitting on the front step, as the car pulled up he walked up to the car and wrenched the door open. I wasn't expecting it and had to steady myself on the door frame to stop myself from falling out. I heard Jodi silently get out of the other side of the car. Before I knew what was happening James pulled me out.

"Where were you? I was worried!" he said possessively hugging me.

"I was shopping with Jodi at the mall," I said, gesturing towards Jodi and the bags.

"See you later, Pheebs, James," and then Jodi walked with her bags towards her car and got in and drove off.

"Let's go talk in your room." James said, grabbing my hand hard enough to make me flinch.

We walked in, I noted that my mother was home, her door was shut, undoubtably she was passed out in a drunken haze.

We walked into my room, James had been silent the whole way into the room, he let go of my hand making sure the door clicked shut, as he turned around. I noticed his eyes had gone dark as a night sky; the tension in his face was visible, his eyebrow was twitching, his jaw was clenched, his hands were fisted at his side so much that his knuckles were turning white. I had never seen him likes this, it was beginning to scare me.

"James," I said softly and took a step towards him, trying to calm him down. I stopped as his eyes darkened

"Where were you really? Who is he?" he almost hissed it.

"The mall and Jodi." I whispered.

"You lying bitch, I can smell him on you." he said as he slapped me across the face hard.