and Then He Snapped

"Hermonie Granger" She walked up nervously and glanced back to Harry and Ron, she knew they would be split up and she was angry, the sorting hat is allowed to take in requests and since when are students not allowed to have opinions or personal choice? It was ridiculous. When she sat down she noticed something was off... the hat wasn't talking into her ear like it used to do. Instead there was just silence before it shouted out the inevitable "Ravenclaw!" She stood up and walked to the unfamiliar table.

"Luna Lovegood, Hufflepuff!", "Draco Malfoy, Slytherin", finally the dreaded moment came for Harry. "Harry Potter". The hall went silent, Harry knew this would end up badly, what would they think if their "saviour" was accociated with Slytherin? But there's no going back now. He sat down and pulled nervously pulled on the sleeve of his robes. The hat was placed on his head and he winced in anticipation of the dreaded answer. The booming voice of the sorting hat shouted "Slytherin"

The whole great hall seemed to take in a deep breath all at once. He looked behind him to see Umbridge smiling sickly. Her smile was bright but her eyes were cold and menacing. Anger bubbled up in Harry's veins and his fists were clenched so tight they were turning white.

He was just about to stalk off to the Slytherin table where Draco Malfoy sat gobsmacked until he was interrupted by a cough "hem hem, Harry dear will you please come here?" Although it was phrased as a question her tone of voice said otherwise. He reluctantly paced back a few places nearer Umbridge. "Now this just proves how wrong and broken the sorting hat really was. Someone who is a "hero" being a Slytherin. So this proves me as right. He has been lying this entire time, being cunning as any other Slytherin is."
"No! I have not been lying, it's you who's lying. Trying to get everyone on your side when really the Ministry of Magic just doesn't want to accept the truth that..." Harry was cut off from his outburst again by the whining and angry voice of Umbridge. "Detention Mr potter and now this really just proves how cunning you and your fellow Slytherin peers are."
Harry had had enough, if he listened to this voice for any longer he was going to crucio her.

"You just don't believe Voldemort is back because you are a coward and so is the rest of the Ministry!" And with that final outburst he stormed out of the great hall slamming to doors shut with a bang. No, this can't happen. This was too much. Harry went where he usually went when he was like this, the owlry. He was so angry, he let out a sting of curses and punched the wall of the owlyry. Hard. Ouch. Now my knuckles are bleeding great.

He slumped down on the floor, with hid head in his hands, he had lost his friends, how could this get any worse?

I'm not going back he had finally decided. So he stayed hidden from view in the owlyry for the entire day and now it was staring to get cold. He wrapped his robes tighter around himself.