Unwanted, Annoying Dreams

Start from the beginning

I felt bad for being bitter towards her, she hadn't done anything.

"Did he ask you to do this?" I asked.

"No," she said. "He asked me to check if you were okay, and I got an image from your necklace."

Ah. So that's why I had that feeling in the car.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

"To talk to you," she said. "Everyone's worried about you. No one knows the exact reason you ran away, and they want to know when you're coming back."

"I had my reasons for leaving," I replied. I didn't feel like explaining, and I knew Bonnie liked Shadow, so that would be awkward. "And I don't know when I'm coming back."

"Well, that clears up everything," she said with a small smile.

I didn't respond.

"Right," she said. "I can take a hint. Is there anything you'd like me to tell anybody before I go?"

I hesitated. "Tell... Tell everyone I'm fine, and they don't need to worry. And to stop calling me. I have about a billion missed calls."

She smiled and nodded.

"Good bye Marni," she said.

"Bye Bonnie," I said, just before everything blurred and I fell into normal sleep again.

-

3rd Person

-

Someone was knocking repetively on the front door of the Salvatore Boarding-house.

"Alright, alright!" Damon called. "I'm coming!"

He walked casually to the door and opened it.

When he saw who it was, he tried to close it, but John Gilbert stuck his arm out and stopped him.

"What do you want John?" Damon asked.

"I just came to have a little chat," John said casually. He brushed past Damon and walked into the living room.

"Don't you have somebody else to annoy?" Damon asked, pouring himself a drink.

"Apparently not," John said. "So, I couldn't help but over hear Elena and your brother talking about how Marni, what was the phrase, ran away?"

"I'm not in the mood John," Damon said. He was loosing his patience.

"I'm curious as to why she ran away though," John continued, obviously intending to anger Damon. "Maybe she realised how disgusting you creatures are and decided she wanted nothing to do with you."

Damon snapped. He was across the room in a second, pinning John to the wall by his throat.

"Are you seriously that stupid to piss off a vampie John?" Damon hissed.

"What's going on here?" a new voice asked.

Damon turned to see Elena and Stefan, and resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

He let go of John and returned to drinking his scotch.

"Nothing," Damon said, answering Stefan's question. "We were just... Bonding."

John rubbed his throat. "Careful Damon. You wouldn't want the Council finding out about your secret would you?"

"I'm shaking," Damon said sarcastically. If the Council did find out about him, he'd kill them all without a second thought.