Chapter 2: Still T.J.

Start from the beginning

I groaned and stared out the window again. This time I saw a dust trail heading towards the Trans Am and squinted. I gasped.

“Uh guys,” I whispered. “There is something heading our way.”

“What?” asked Party Poison and I stared out the window, mouth hanging open.

“Is that a Draculoid on a motorbike?” I asked and Party slid the car to a stop.

The Killjoys were out of the car and I slowly crept out. Glancing around, I saw an old motorbike and parts on the ground. I dashed over to it and started to fix it back together. Hey, what can I say, I am a major Grease Monkey. I finished getting the bike back together and started the engine. I spun the bike around and got on.

“What are you doing?” asked Jet and I smiled at him.

“Do you have a spare ray gun on you?” I answered and Party whipped one out of his belt.

He gave it to me and I smiled.

“You have to trust me on this,” I said and before he could reply, I revved the engine and flew towards the Draculoid.

I held the ray gun in my hand and aimed it at the Drac. I fired the gun and got the Draculoid square in the chest. They flew off the bike and landed on the ground with a thud. I pulled the bike up next to them and stared at the Drac.

“One down,” I whispered and rode back to the other open-mouthed Killjoys.

“Wow,” said Jet.

He was obviously impressed.

“Beginners’ luck,” huffed Ghoul and crossed his arms over his chest.

“You are one tough girl,” complimented Party and I smiled at him.

“We should get going,” said Ghoul and I glared at him but we did get going.

“What are you doing?” asked a male voice and I glanced up to find Kobra Kid glancing over my shoulder.

“Making a bow and some arrows,” I said and showed him.

The wind was blowing my long golden coloured hair around me and I shook it out of my face. The stupid part was down the side of my head instead of the middle, which makes my hair annoying. Plus it was down to my butt.

“Wow,” he said and ran his fingers over the intricate design I had scratched in.

“Yeah,” I said. “I was always a little crafty back in high school.”

“Gerard is like that,” he muttered.

“Who’s Gerard?” I asked and Kobra grew rigid.

“Umm,” he said. “Party Poisons’ real name is Gerard. My real name is Mikey. Fun Ghouls’ is Frank and Jet Stars’ is Ray.” 

“Oh,” I said and Mikey smiled.

I stood up and dusted myself off. I tightened the string and aimed at a tree. I released the string and the arrow flew through the air and struck the tree.

“I almost never miss,” I said and Mikey smiled.

“Can I try?” he asked and I handed him the bow.

I showed him how to hold the bow and arrow. I then showed him how to aim and release the arrow. He did everything I told him and got the tree.

“Well done,” I said and he smiled.

I smiled back and his hand slowly moved up to caress my face. Mikey lent in and kissed me on the lips. I kissed him back and his hand ran along my back. He suddenly jerked away and ran off. My lips were tingly and I turned back to the tree. I aimed at the tree and released the string. The arrow hit the tree and I sighed.