Chapter VIII

Sakura walked back to her apartment, by herself, surprisingly, she was able to part with Sai for a little bit. For the fact that Tsunade held him back, she said it wouldn't take long. They had to discuss something about his recent mission he had went on. But, he said he would come to pick her up at her apartment as soon as he was done and to be exact he said it would take no more than fifteen minutes.

"Geez," Sakura sighed and unlocked the door to her apartment. She looked around and frowned, knowing that after this trip, she would no longer see it again. Her time was running out and she had to make a decision soon.

She walked up the stairs and headed straight for her room. Slowly Sakura opened the door, creaking until it couldn't go back any further.

Her emerald eyes wandered around the room, taking it all in. She's going to miss this house. This was her first home she owned, her first home she occupied by herself. It always seemed like that. Being by herself. It'll probably stay like that for a long time, sadly.

Sakura made her way over to the closet in her room. She opened it. In there was her ANBU uniform and extra clothes.

The pinkette folded her ANBU clothes neatly and laid them at the end of her bed. She placed her cat mask onto of her pile of clothes and kept her gaze there for a few minutes. Sakura then sighed and closed her eyes for a few minutes, thinking to herself.

"I just became an ANBU and now I have to give up my position, what a shame."

Sakura then walked over to her nightstand. She looked at the picture with half lidded eyes. Slowly she pinked it up in her right hand and lifted it up to her view. Team 7. What bitter sweet memories. A sigh escaped the kunoichi's lips and she placed the photograph faced down on the light colored night stand.

Sakura then packed her bag and medical pouch, placing her Kantō above her waist medical pouch. She then slung her bag over her shoulders.

The pink haired kunoichi walked over to her door in a slow manner. She took one last look and closed the door for the last time. She wanted to make memories in this house. Good and bad ones, have friends stay over, chatting with them, have her lover over, have arguments with each other and soon forgive each other. Sadly this will never happen.

"Coming!" Sakura shouted and ran down the stairs, towards the door, where her visitor is waiting, patiently.

She opened the door and standing there, right outside her door, was none other than Sai. He looked down at her plainly and she returned the same expression.

"Hey," Sai nodded his head.

"Hey," Sakura slipped him a half smile. "Ready to head out?"

"Yeah, are you sure about this?" Sai asked, cautiously.

"Are you saying I'm not up for the challenge?" Sakura tensed.

"No, no, no," Sai put his hands up in defense. "I just don't want to put you in this position, what if you're needed for an ANBU mission, I don't need you getting in trouble for not being there."

"Don't worry," I waved my hand as we made our way closer to the Gates of Konoha, "if they really needed me, then someone would've have said something, Hokage-sama probably informed him about this and I've gotten no word yet."

But Sakura didn't know that this mission, wasn't just an ordinary mission.

"Ah."

We finally made it to the end and decided to try and make this a quickie. We pumped chakra into our legs and in an instant we were off.

Running on land first and soon switch to jumping and swinging from tree branches.