Chapter VI

"Mhm."

Sakura moaned and her eyes slowly fluttered opened. Immediately she shut her eyes, the brightness from the light blinding her. After a few blinks, and using the back of her hands to whip her eyes, she fully opened them, now they were adjusted to the blinding lights.

Sakura slowly pulled herself up, putting her weight on her arms. She winced feeling a pain shoot through her body.

Her small hands glided across the fabric wrapped around her head. There was bandaged around her right thigh and her upper arm.

"What happened to me..?" She mumbled to herself.

Sakura dragged her hand across her face and gasped. She frantically used her hands to feel around her face, her bare face!

"My mask! Where's my mask!" She stressed.

She flipped the sheets off and pushed off her bed. She gasped as her legs slowly began to wobbly and soon gave out on her.

She fell to the ground and groaned as the floor connected with her face. Great way to start of the day, right? Wrong.

"Where am I?" She picked up her head and looked around. Sakura was in an unfamiliar room, could she have stopped at an inn for the night. No, she would've heading straight for Konoha, not wanting to waste anytime. She was only given a certain amount of time to complete a mission. Definitely didn't want to fail on her first mission.

Knowing that her legs were of no use, she crawled over to the closest door. It was a closet.

"My cloak!" She shouted in relief. The pinkette grabbed it with her right hand and yanked it down.

Just as she went to put it on, it was oddly bigger than it used to be. There were red clouds on it.

"NO!" She shouted and threw it across the room. Sakura made her way over to the corner of the wall and leaned against it. She planted her left hand against her forehead, leaning on he right arm.

"I'm in the Akatsuki's hideout," she spoke quietly.

Sakura jerked her head to the right and heard someone coming. Her emerald eyes scanned the room, there wasn't anywhere really to hide. She could hide in the closet, but they'd expect her to be there. Under the bed is an option, but she probably couldn't fit underneath there.

She saw a big, brown dresser towards the back of the room. Sakura slowly and quietly crawled to the back of the room and made her way over to the dresser. With all the strength she had she moved it forward and squished behind it.

As expected the door creaked opened slowly. Sakura could tell he was making his way over to her bed. The sound of sheets being thrown off the bed caused her to jump and she planted her hand over her mouth.

"Damnit!" A man cursed, loudly.

You could hear the anger in his voice. He obviously wasn't happy or pleased about Sakura "escaping" or so he thought she escaped.

"Sasori!" He shouted from the room Sakura was hiding in. "Your poison didn't leave her weak enough not to walk, heck she probably ran out of here, what the fuck!"

There was no response. The only thing that could be heard was the violent breathing coming from the man standing in Sakura's room.

"Oi! Did you even-"

Before he could shout anymore he paused. Footsteps could be heard again, it sounded like he made his way over to the closest.

"Why is  his cloak on the ground?" Confusion slurred in his voice.