Chapter I

Sakura walked through Konoha. It wasn't the brightest day, well internally for \ Sakura. It's been over three weeks since Konoha 11's departure. It left a tint on Sakura's heart, and most defiantly it couldn't be taken away.

Three long weeks.

Three long weeks of sadness.

Three long weeks of solemn and isolation.

And three long weeks to remember her uselessness.

"My book says that when someone is frowning for too long, it's because they are hurting on the inside?"

Sakura's dull, saddened, emerald eyes casted up to a pair of onyx ones. There was no sign of emotion in these eyes, they reminded her so much of the traitor, the one she used to love seeing every day.

"Morning, is a better way to greet someone."

"Smile."

"There's nothing TO smile about," Sakura replied.

"There are many things in the world to smile about."

"Really," Sakura shifted her gaze to pale ninja, "Look whose talking," she mumbled and rested her chin on her knee.

Sai popped a squat next to the pinkette who had been in a depressed state for awhile, and it seemed to worry everyone in the village. They've never seen her like this, it honestly made everyone else in the village feel her pain.

Sakura wasn't known for being sad this long. She'd grieve for a day or two, break a few things, typical short-tempered Sakura and then that fire inside of her eyes would kick back in and motivate her to be come stronger and it'd always worked.

"You know life is something to smile about."

"Life is cruel and horrible." Sakura mumbled coldly. "Just when you think life is bright, there's someone or something to crush that one brink of light."

It was silent for awhile. Sai for once didn't know how to respond to this. He was deep in thought. How did this world revolve. Around cruelty and hatred. Maybe, possibly? This was a book he would surely need to invest upon.

"Hey, Sai."

The voice of the kunoichi brought Sai's attention to her. He looked at her waiting for her to talk. She seemed a bit hesitant, her eyes looking casting down, as if looking at the ground for an answer.

"How come you didn't go with them to retrieve, him?" Sakura empathized 'him'. "Everyone here knows you can handle your own, you're considered one of the strongest out of most of us."

"Well I feel like it didn't have anything to do with me."

"What do you mean?" Sakura questioned, her pink brow went up in confusion.

"Well I don't know anything about Sasuke-kun," Sai simply answered. "I know it doesn't make sense, they'll need all the help they can get to bring him back, from what I heard he's a stubborn ass?"

"He's more thana stubborn ass."

"I don't know to be honest," Sai shrugged. "I wouldn't know what to say, I didn't grow up with him and I have nothing to say since I don't know anything about him."

"You're lucky you don't know anything about him."

"Why do you say that?"

"He just pushes anyone who gets close enough to him away, it's like he wants to live alone, in this dark messed up world." Sakura said in disgust and casted her gaze back at the clear, motionless water.