Doctors appointment

"I'm nervous Ni, what if something is wrong with our babies? What If my UTI got worse?" You say to Niall as you wait for the nurse to call you back from the waiting room. "Everything will be fine, your UTI seems to be getting better." Niall reassures you. "Y/n horan?" The nurse calls as you stand up with the help of Niall and walk towards her.  You sit down and rub your stomach. She asks you some typical questions about the pregnancy and then she takes your temperature , blood pressure, height, weight, etc.  After that you lay down on the bed and wait for the doctor to come in. You squeeze nialls hand and the doctor comes in. He asks another round of different questions. "We are going to check on how the babies are doing and if your UTI is getting better. We will take your urine sample and then do the ultrasound," the doctor said as he started to prep you for the urine sample. He raises your bed up in the back so you are sitting upright and you go into the bathroom. He took your urine sample and then sent it to the lab. "Now that that's done I will start the ultrasound," he said as he turned on the monitor. "Looks like these are your babies," the doctor says pointing to 2 figures on the screen. "The doctor keeps looking around at the babies and you see he has a a puzzled look in his face. "One moment let me get another doctor in here to take a look," he says as he leaves the room. "Niall I'm sacred what if the babies are not ok? You say as tears start to form in your eyes. "everything is going to be ok, he probably just wants a second opinion" Niall says as he kisses you on the forehead. Another doctor comes in to check out the babies. She introduces herself and then She looks around at the screen and moves the wand around on your stomach. They both leave the room to discuss the babies condition but you can't hear anything. Once the doctor comes back in He cleans you up and the other doctor leaves. You sit up and the doctor starts talking. You get nervous because he has a stern look on his face. "Is it ok if I take a blood sample? We need to confirm something with the babies." Yes, but what is wrong?" You ask. "We are not sure but the blood test will help is determine what is wrong." He says. "Whatever is best for my princess," Niall says as the doctor gets you ready for the blood test. He takes your blood and then leaves for about 30 minutes. "Niall what's wrong with our babies? What if they are dead or deformed or missing a leg or something?" You said through tears. "Babe, calm down we saw them on the screen with full body parts and heard the heartbeat, they are not dead." Niall reassured you. You waited in silence for the doctor to come back. He came back with the results and sat down. "Looks like your babies have a condition in their kidneys that is not letting them grow properly. But it is only in baby A, the girl." He says.  He says some long detailed medical term for it but you don't quite understand. "it could get worse but right now it is treatable and we can give you a shot in your stomach to give medicine to the baby. We will give you the shot in the stomach and it will travel through the umbilical cord to the baby." He said as he wrote something down on his clipboard. "Are they Gona survive? Are they going to be ok?" You ask as Niall starts to tear up with you. You grip his hand tighter. "They will be fine but we need to have you under careful monitoring for the next few weeks until you give birth and give you more doses of the medication. Since you are 31 weeks tomorrow you will get medicine today and in 3 weeks from today and in another 3 weeks after that. If we do ultrasounds and blood work at each appointment and they are doing fine they will be ok. And it also looks like your UTI is gone." "Ok and there is no health risk to y/n with the medicine?" Niall asks with a concerned look On His face. "No but due to the condition and medicine you will have to be induced so we know when they are coming and to make sure they come out healthy. She most likely will not have the disease after 5 or 7 weeks old but we will monitor her closely. There is a small chance it could stick around but it is very  slim the chances of he passing on the disease to baby B is also very slim. It is a hard passage from baby A to baby B for disease passage." "So what happens if it does not go away?" You ask. "It should be a simple operation we can do to fix the kidneys but it is highly unlikely it will get the bad," Ok thank you so much " you say in between cries as you hug Niall closer." I will be right back with a nurse and the medicine." He says as he leaves the room. You get off the bed and sit on nialls lap and cry with him while your wait for the doctor to come back. He whispers soothing words in your ears and rubs your stomach and back. The doctor comes back with a tray of medicine and a needle and a nurse. He has you lie down on the bed and the nurse preps you while the doctor preps the needle. The nurse uses the ultrasound machine on your stomach to find where to inject you and puts a marker dot."this will hurt a lot or a little depending on your pain tolerance." He said as he puts the medicine in the needle." He had you lie down and stay still as he prepped you. You hold nialls arm and look away as he injects the medicine into your stomach."agh ow agh ow this hurts so bad," you scream into nialls arm as he puts the medicine into you. He pulls the needle out and cleans your stomach and puts a bandage on it."all done," he said as he pulls his gloves off and throws them away, the nurse leaves and takes the tray with her and you slowly sit up. Then the doctor said "take it easy and not do to much activity for the rest of the pregnancy. Not full bed rest but no long day trip outings or to much exercise. We don't want to harm the baby or put them in a harmful situation. This now means you are classified as a high risk pregnancy. You were high risk with the UTI and normally when it is gone so is the high risk but not in this case. We will closely monitor both babies to see if it passes to baby b but it's highly unlikely again so we will hair monitor extra." You talk for another 15 minutes about the babies and your pregnancy. He schedules another appointment for you in 3 weeks and you leave with Niall. When you get home you get in bed and cuddle. "Why me? Why not someone else? I don't want this to be me." You say as you cry harder and harder. "I wish this wasn't happening too babe, but we have to accept it and hope for the best," Niall says as he cuddles you in bed with your tummy. He rubs your tummy in circles trying to relive the pain of the needle. "How am I going to do that 2 more times?" You say worriedly."just like you did this time," Niall said as he strokes your tummy and back. You cuddle some more and take a well deserved nap. Once you fall asleep Niall gets up and call the family to update them on you and the babies.