Toby (backstory)

IM SO SORRY EVERYONE FOR MAKING YOU WAIT! HERE IS TOBYS SHORT STORY I GUESS!

That man we found on the side of the road was...strange.

He was gone one morning. Just up and left.

There was something strange about his disappearance too.

The only thing left of him was a note on the fridge in someone else's handwriting. (I know it wasn't his because I may or may not have watched him write in his journal)

It was all too strange

The only thing he took was a tan jacket and a pair of jeans. Not the grey jacket he came here with.

It was way too weird.

I stepped into the now empty guest room and sighed. Nothing had been moved around since he left. The clothes were still neatly folded by color in the drawers, the bed was neatly made up, and the empty bottles of pills were left scattered throughout the room.

It still made me uneasy, like I was being watched but nobody was there.

It had gotten more depressing since he left here. My mom says little to nothing and my dad has gotten back to beating us up. For me the days have started to blur together and I hardly ever get sleep.

One night I heard whispering outside and when I looked I saw something white in the trees but dismissed it, thinking I was seeing things.

But I feel like I'm constantly being watched no matter where I go...

~~

I sat up in bed after getting no sleep again. I looked at the clock and it read 3:35am. I sighed and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I walked over to the fridge and opened it slowly and tried to grab the leftover glass of water but it slipped out of my bandaged hands and onto my foot, breaking into tiny pieces into my foot. My red blood dripped out of the cuts and down the side of my foot, mixing with the water droplets and dripping onto the floor. I watched the blood spill out of my foot and shrugged. I grabbed a broom and dustpan and tried to clean up the mess when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up to see a man hovering over me. He had a white mask with feminine features in black with strange eyebrows. His brown hair draped over the mask and I could see a glimpse of blue eyes underneath the netting in the eyes. He was also wearing some familiar tan jacket and blue jeans.  I gasped. "T-t-tim-m" I suttered out the first words I have ever said to him. His stance did not change. His harsh gaze on me did not falter. He was not the Tim I knew.

He was someone-no something else.

He walked forward and swung a punch at me that I wasn't ready for. I got knocked back onto the ground but stood back up. I smirked. "Well Timmy," he growled slightly "were not gonna have to fight, are we?" He did not have any response, but he stepped closer, backing me into a corner with the countertops pushing into my sides. I reached behind me, hoping for some sort of cliché weapon to be there, but there was nothing. I looked over and the knives were across the room. I looked back at Tim who was hobbling forward I stood guard knowing his punches wouldn't hurt me. He threw another punch at my face, hitting me and knocking my head back into the cabinets. I threw a punch at his stomach and he stumbled back from impact. I took this opportunity to run across the room to grab a weapon. I grabbed the first thing in the knife block, a small steak knife. I took in into my hands as Tim ran forward and came to a stop in the middle of the room. I heard a door open from upstairs and looked at it. I turned back to Tim but he was gone. I hurriedly put the knife down and ran back to clean up my mess. My mom walked down the stairs. "I heard voices down here, are you okay?" she asked tiredly. I nodded and continued to clean up. She walked back up the stairs and closed her door.

I looked at the middle of the room and sighed.

I knew he would be back...and soon.